Thread: Chrome Not Displaying Facebook 'Timeline' Correctly

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Chrome Not Displaying Facebook 'Timeline' Correctly

Yeah I know like it really matters but but my housemate is giving me grief at making her use Ubuntu to start with so any help appreciated!

When viewing someones profile and you scroll to the bottom Chrome is no longer auto loading the previous months gubbins and will only show recent postings. Also clicking on the quick links to previous months / years in the top right corner of a profile does nothing.

Chrome version: 22.0.1229.94 on Ubuntu 12.04 64bit.

I've taken a quick look, cleared cookies and even got to the point of uninstalling / reinstalling Chrome with no success. Tried same site on Firefox and all working as it should.

Chrome updated a couple of days ago but not sure if this broke something or it was like this before; as I don't often use FB. Housemate seems to think it was fine 2 or 3 days ago.

Any help appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Chrome Not Displaying Facebook 'Timeline' Correctly

Install chromium instead of chrome.

use:

sudo apt-get remove google-chrome-stable

Install Chromium from the Ubuntu Software Center.

Here are some differences between the two to let your housemate know of:
    http://code.google.com/p/chromium/wi...VsGoogleChrome

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by mag1strate View Post
    Install chromium instead of chrome.
    Is this to just see if it works with Chromium to narrow down the problem or your permanent solution?

Fair enough if Chromium works but would rather know why Chrome doesn't than have to just install another browser when I hit a problem. The differences between the two browsers shouldn't lead to this behaviour and makes me wonder if any other websites are not displaying properly.

Beans
    Distro

Yes, please tell me what happens. If it works, try uninstalling Chromium and then installing chrome again. Also, please provide how you are installing chrome again.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Chromium installation worked fine with FB. Reinstalling Chrome after that worked as well. Not sure what the problem was this seems to have fixed it so I will mark as solved. Thanks for the help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Howdy all. This issue may not be your browser. I've been tracking "problems" with Facebook for a few weeks now. A LOT of people that I know have seen problems with their F/B accounts. Try your F/B account with a different O/S (Win, for example), and see if these problems are still happening. You may be surprised by the results. Good luck.
    Oh Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system! Dr Sheldon Cooper, The Big Bang Theory.

Beans
    Distro

Glad that helped!