Thread: Beep Sound on Installation

Beans

Beep Sound on Installation

I've installed Ubuntu several times on several machines, including this netbook. However, I decided to try out Fedora, and didn't like so I decided it was time to switch back to Ubuntu. I'm installing Ubuntu 12.04 like I always have, from a USB thumb drive, however, when I click on "Install Ubuntu", the computer makes a continuous beeping noise, and the computer freezes. Any ideas why?

I'm going to try and install Ubuntu 13.10 tonight, and see if it makes a difference.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Beep Sound on Installation

If the computer appears to be working normally (you have a display and it's booting) apart from the constant beeping or solid beep it's likely you're encountering a keyboard or system case issue.

Not passing POST

If your computer is not booting or you're not getting any display your computer is not passing the POST. Often this beep code is caused by one of the following reasons.

One or more of the fans are not working or do not have a power connection connected to them. Open your computer and verify that all power connections are firmly connected. Verify each of the fans are working by leaving the case open and turning on the computer. If your video card has a fan it's likely it also has a power connector on the edge of it, make sure you're power connector is also firmly connected to the video card.

Computer is not passing the POST because of improper connections or damaged hardware. Follow all POST troubleshooting steps.

Beans

Re: Beep Sound on Installation

The computer booted past POST. I just tried 13.10, and it worked fine. Kinda strange if you ask me.