Thread: Problem using Skype in Ubuntu 12.04

Beans

Question Problem using Skype in Ubuntu 12.04

I have been using Skype in my Ubuntu 12.04 for quite some time now. But for the last few weeks, I haven't used at all. Now when I went to open it last week, it was just opening & the closing immediately. In the first try, the program seems to be running as it is shown in the Ubuntu Launchbar. But then the process for Skype is not listed in the System Monitor when I try to look for it. So that means it didn't open successfully. I tried again & again, it just doesn't come up at all afterwards. I tried uninstalling & then re-installing over & over from Skype website & also Ubuntu Software Center. Nothing seems to solve it at all. The problem is even more serious that after I uninstall it from Ubuntu Software Center, the program is still in the system when I search for it in Dash Home.

I don't know what to do at this point. I really need to use Skype since it's my way to communicate with people overseas.
    Is there any way I can successfully install it & then use it without any hassle?

Beans

Re: Problem using Skype in Ubuntu 12.04

A friend of mine told me to delete the .skype folder from the program list in my Ubuntu machine. That actually solved the problem. I can now login & use Skype without any problem. The folder .skype is again created. I guess if the problem occurs again, I just need to delete it rather than going through all the hassles as suggested.