Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3D RTS space game

Beans

Arrow 3D RTS space game

Hi,

Im a java developper and Im developping a game of mine "Yildiz-online".

Just to give you an idea about Yildiz, it is a massively multiplayer strategy game(MMORTS). It's a combination of classical startegy game(like: Homeword or Starcraft) and management game(like: Ogame).

The game takes place in outer space colonized by humans, a lost expedition found abandonned space bases built by unknown civilization. After some centuries they developped and colonized the entire system.

The game is entirely in 3 dimensions. Goal is to develop and assure the management of its base,or if you wish, to create an army to attack other players to steal their resources.

It can be played on windows and linux platform.

I would like please to get your feedback about it (ideas, suggestions..). If you have any questions let me know

Thank you in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Perfect Storm; April 22nd, 2013 at 07:25 PM. Reason: added prefix

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: 3D RTS space game

Now this looks good, will be watching this!
    Holding a LAN party? Check out LAN Party Mania (detailed LAN information for games)
    http://lanpartymania.com

Beans

Thank you holastickboy.
    If you want to see more screenshots and videos you can visit my fb page: Yildiz-online
    Or you can check my website: www.yildiz.bitbucket.org

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

May I mention that it would be nice for some focusing on resource gathering? So many RTS games lately seem to ignore it and leap right into the action.
    Holding a LAN party? Check out LAN Party Mania (detailed LAN information for games)
    http://lanpartymania.com

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I will give the website a looksie.. This game seems right up my alley.. May I ask if the game is going to be for sale or released for free upon completion?

Beans

These games are really looking interesting thanks for sharing.

Beans

Be sure to post it up on www.gamingonlinux.com i'm sure my viewers would like it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Looks good, as holastickboy said; it would be really nice with some resource gathering and such
    "We all know Linux is great... it does infinite loops in 5 seconds." -Linus Thorvalds
    "I our department, we can do anything! ... There's a timeframe? in that case, nevermind my previous statement." - My Colleague

Beans

Thank you all for thoses kind answers.

Resources gathering: It is part of the management part of the game: you have to build specific buildings in your base and allocate staff to thoses buildings.
    Currently 5 resources:
    • metal: Used to build buildings and units.
    • energy: Same as metal.
    • credits: Used to pay scientists and mercenaries.
    • research points: Produced by scientists to buy researches.
    • staff: Used to work in buildings and as pilots in ships.

(an other resource, only used for players to players exchange is studied, and also some additional gathering trough spaceship but nothing for sure yet).

The game will be free to play, there will be a shop to buy research points, resources, for thoses not patient enough

As for now only the server is compiled for linux, client will follow soon(all used libs are open source and linux compliant), it will be compiled on an karmik koala, so older ubuntu wont work(because of clib version), i hope it will be ok for all.

Thanks all for your interest.

Beans

Alpha test is going well and many bugs were fixed. There is going to be a change concerning the log in interface soon. I'll post the screen when it is done ^^

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast