Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gnome desktop question

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Gnome desktop question

You first need to install the User Themes extension to get this functionality.

Just install the extension then restart Gnome Shell (ALT+F2 then r then Enter).
    Cheesemill

Beans

Yes I am aware, however I have only had Gnome3 fully functional once and it was short lived. I have not re-loaded the os yet because it is murder on a tethered connection. Thanks for the input on everything. If I do in fact have the same problem upon a new installation, would it be a bad thing to start a new thread? I know that over at the Ask Ubntu forum they get all bent about that and spend more time policing the forum than answering questions, which is why I am now here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

If you have the same problem with a new installation start a net thread . If you install again add the synaptic package manager and check for Gnome Shell Extensions there. I write this because on my 12.10 installation the basic extensions such as user themes were available from the official repository.
    “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can."

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Manual

Beans

Thanks for all of the help. I will know more tomorrow when I reload, but I think I got my answer a couple of posts above. Thanks again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12