Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A clipboard manager that works ... FOR ME

Beans

A clipboard manager that works ... FOR ME

I cut and paste a lot. But far and away most of them are one shot. There are none too many I would like saved forever.

Consequently I have been trying to find a clipboard manager that I can selectively save stuff to OR allows me to delete the ones I don't want.

I have found neither. They save everything. Or they clear everything.

Does anyone know of a utility that would do what I want?

TIA

Beans

Re: A clipboard manager that works ... FOR ME

Try glipper, has a snippets plugin and you can also set number of items kept in history.
    The history has to be set to at least 1 for the snippets to show.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by stinkeye; October 12th, 2012 at 07:57 PM.

Beans

I had tried glipper (and klipper and parcellite ...) before ... but I did not use/try the plug-in.

I think you are saying I should use glipper to collect "everything" and then us the plug-in to cull them. If so, I can do that. Could make for a lot of maintenance though ...

And not nearly as good as hitting, oh I don't know, F12, to tell the manager "keep this one for me please".

Thanks for your response

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Pastie has an edit function, but you have to remove the entries you don't want by highlighting and deleting . You can get the .deb from the link below.

https://launchpad.net/~hel-sheep/+ar...-archive-extra
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans

Thanks.

I'll see if I can follow that up.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

A clipboard manager should be enabled by default in Ubuntu? See also: MASTER Copy-Paste doesn't work if the source is closed before the paste

Beans

Sorry ... but I'm not exactly sure what that has to do with, or to do with dealing with, my problem.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Langstracht View Post
    Sorry ... but I'm not exactly sure what that has to do with, or to do with dealing with, my problem.
    Sorry no answer. Yes, I agree, that post was a bit off-topic, but Ubuntu has a general problem (bug) that when you copy text and close that program, the clipboard gets empty (lost the text experiance?). I suggest you could ask a question or file a bug of a feature request or Wishlist bug at Launchpad too: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/glipper or https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/parcellite (Launchpad account needed)

Beans

I'm no programmer but I would have thought it would not be difficult to include a toggle to turn the manager on and off or a switch to selectively save selections. And I'm a bit surprised that none (that I can find anyway) do that. You'll realize that my initial post was hoping that there was one available.

Do you know (or can you speculate) which of the links you offered is most liable to take this on?

Beans
    Distro

Try Glipper and the "Snippets" plugin. But unfortunately Glipper 2.4 seems to suffer from this bug: Snippets are not allways available.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast