Thread: network printer

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

network printer

FirewallD is not running. Network printer detection needs services mdns, ipp, ipp-client and samba-client enabled on firewall. Help. This is what I get when I try to enable my network
    printer. What do I do now??? Using 12.4 (gnome classic)

Beans

Re: network printer

We'll need some more information. What kind of printer is it? You've got it plugged into the router? Did you follow any tutorials or guides? If so, where did you get this error?

Beans

I got the same useless error. My network runs machines that use Ubuntu 11.4 and have an existing, working Canon printer however a new 12.4 based box cannot see the network printer and thus the error message. Note, all machines run Gnome Classic but I doubt that is relevant.

Beans

Its saying a service isnt running. you cant get far enough to tell it what printer daisy. in my case its a xerox 4400 that is connected to the same switch. its not a network issue its a bug in the printer system.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Old Old Duffers View Post
    FirewallD is not running. Network printer detection needs services mdns, ipp, ipp-client and samba-client enabled on firewall. Help. This is what I get when I try to enable my network
    printer. What do I do now??? Using 12.4 (gnome classic)
    go to http://localhost:631/ you should be able to directly add a printer through the cups web interface.

duffers have you tried the printer thing in that unity thing? Im using gnome classic/cinimun as well. 12.4 32 or x64?

disk9 same info plz I wonder if we are being hit with a bug because we dont use the default
    Last edited by phalantice; October 14th, 2012 at 06:33 PM.