Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: HOWTO: Install Dansguardian on a single desktop

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: HOWTO: Install Dansguardian on a single desktop

Hi am new in using dansguardian .I am not installed it on my server am using 11.04 ubutnu as my server .I have some questions
    1) Is it possible to install and configuring dansguardian on my flavor of ubuntu ?
    2) Dns Is working on this server ,and have only one lan card ,do i need to implement the filtering though this dns server ,all my client system depends on the dns server for Internet

Thanks
    you can learn what is computer ubuntu is the best way .I start learning ubuntu in 2-1-2010 .start with UBUNTU 9 now using 12.04

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Install Dansguardian on a single desktop

Hi everyone,

I didn't read through every page, but I noticed one discrepancy in the directions (which, of course, may have been addressed already, but oh well).

I'm on Ubuntu 12.10 x64 (64 bit). Everything worked out fine until step 5 when it said:

Code:
    sudo gedit /etc/tinyproxy/tinyproxy.conf
    For me, it would open a new gedit file of this, but not the actual configuration file because tinyproxy doesn't install inside a folder in /etc, it is just in the open.

So, what worked for me was a slight change:

Code:
    sudo gedit /etc/tinyproxy.conf
    I'm really new to ubuntu, so my jargon and correct use of terms is probably not up to date, but hopefully this helps someone!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516