Thread: Error loading operating system

Beans

Error loading operating system

Hello,

i have one hard disk and two operating systems Ubuntu and Lubuntu.

I wanted to install Windows XP also but i had only two partitions.

I used GPARTED to resize partition with Lubuntu to get more space for new partition. After that i rebooted and wanted to install XP on new partition. But I could not choose that new partition, also i tried to delete it and create again, i didn't touch partition with Ubuntu and Lubuntu. As this didn't work i couldn't choose this partition i decided to restart and see if i did mistake somewhere in GPARTED. But after restart i get this error.

Seems like i made mistakes in this process. Now if someone can help me solve this? I would be happy if is possible at last backup my data from Ubuntu and Lubuntu.
    Last edited by IamNewMember; October 11th, 2012 at 01:51 PM. Reason: My mistake is GPARTED not GPEDIT

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Error loading operating system

One way to break the system, including existing partitions, is to fiddle using the XP tools. Therefore, the best way to use XP is, under most set of circumstances, through a virtual machine (VirtualBox is good).

Probably the partition are touched (or if not, then the MBR).

The best thing to do for now is not to touch anything and wait for the help reinforcements as to the methods of backuping the current data.

Beans

Re: Error loading operating system

Thank you for answer.

I using already Windows XP on Virtual box but recently i needed to install some application which don’t works good on VB. Also i don’t prefer Wine.