Thread: Minecraft.jar problems

Hybrid View

Beans

Minecraft.jar problems

I downloaded the full version of Minecraft today, and it seems to be really fun. The only problem I have, is that the mouse doesn't seem to stay focused in the Minecraft window. Usually, you would have to hit Esc to pause the game, and go to a different window. On my computer, I move my mouse around, and it doesn't stay with the crosshairs in the middle of the screen. I'm not really sure what happens, but my guess is that it thinks I clicked outside of the window, so I lose control of the mouse. I can still use the keyboard, just no mouse. To fix it temporarily, I have to hit the "e" key for inventory, and hit it again. Then I have control over my mouse until it happens again. Can anyone help me with this, and sorry if this is unclear. I've tried my best to explain it, but I really don't know whats going on.

Note: I played the exact same version on Windows, and it ran fine. No mouse/window problems at all. Oh, and my OS is Lubuntu.

Beans

Re: Minecraft.jar problems

This might be an issue with your jre.

Try installing the openjdk-7-jre package, and removing openjdk-6-jre. It might work better.

Beans

The only reason why I have OpenJDK6 installed, is because of Netbeans. Can I make NetBeans use OpenJDK7 instead? I remember installing NetBeans and it came with OpenJDK6.

Edit: I ran Minecraft with OpenJDK7, and the same thing still happened. Surely that can't be the problem.
    Last edited by Treyonator56; October 10th, 2012 at 12:18 AM.

Beans

Hmm...

The only time I've ever had this issue is when using a touchpad. I was accidentally clicking when moving my finger around.

I fixed it by going to the Mouse settings, going to the Touchpad tab, and unchecking the "Click with touchpad" setting.

Beans

These are the only input settings i have.

And here are the only mouse settings i have.

Doesn't look like there is anything about that in there.

I'm going to try running it in OpenJDK6. I'll see if that helps some how.

Edit: When I play the game, I don't use the touchpad at all either. I use a USB mouse instead.

Playing it on JDK6 doesn't help at all, actually, I think its worse.
    Last edited by Treyonator56; October 10th, 2012 at 12:57 AM.

Beans

Then you shouldn't have issues with the mouse.

It must be with window focus. Maybe the system thinks the mouse is going over other windows?

There should be a way to adjust window focus settings in Ubuntu. I just can't remember it at the moment, and I'm using Fedora.