Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Minecraft.jar problems

Beans

Re: Minecraft.jar problems

its caused by minecraft using old lwjgl version, just get download the newest version from
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/jav...LWJGL%202.8.4/

and unzip and replace(minecraft stores lwjgl files in ~/.minecraft/bin

Beans

I found the lwjgl that I needed, but the Minecraft archives didn't have a bin folder. So, I just put the files in with everything else. I'm not sure if it will work though. :s

Edit: Nope, it didn't work. I checked, and the Minecraft files were last edited in 2010. Does that mean its not compatible with the lwjgl?
    Last edited by Treyonator56; October 16th, 2012 at 12:17 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.10 Yakkety Yak

When you mention that you do not find a bin in the Minecraft archives, I see at least one thing wrong.

The minecraft.jar that you download from www.minecraft.net is just a launcher (Internet Explorer may incorrectly save it as minecraft.zip). Once you cd to the directory with that minecraft.jar launcher and run it with:

Code:
    java -Xmx1024M -Xms512M -cp minecraft.jar net.minecraft.LauncherFrame
    it creates a hidden .minecraft directory in your personal home dir (ie, ~/.minecraft) where it keeps all the working files for the game including a different ~/.minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar that is the actual current version of the game. Alway use the minecraft.jar launcher to start the game, NOT ~/.minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar.

To see hidden folders that begin with a dot, either hit Ctrl+H in the file viewer, or include -a in ls options (like: ls -al).

That is where you find the files that match names in a newer lwjgl.zip in .minecraft/bin/ and .minecraft/bin/natives/. If you want it to use more RAM (preferably 64-bit Linux) you could up the launcher to -Xmx2G -Xms1G, etc.

You do not necessarily need Oracle (formerly Sun) Java, it works fine with openjdk-6 or openjdk-7.

Still not sure how your cursor gets outside of the minecraft window and freezes your in game cursor. The only issue I have had with the original lwjgl 2.4.2 is occasional stuck movement keys.(W, A, S, D). The only way I can move the cursor outside of the minecraft window is if is if I am looking at my inventory (E), the gui of a device (chest, furnace, etc.), or Esc.
    i5 650 3.2 GHz upgraded to i7 870, 16 GB 1333 RAM, nvidia GTX 1060, 32" 1080p & assorted older computers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

First thing that came to mind was what other before me mentioned, "outdated" lwjgl-files. Feel free to try "Minecraftinstaller" linked in my sig., it can do that among else.

ps. Once downloaded, you need to make it executable to be able to run it as an app/program.
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; October 21st, 2012 at 04:55 PM.
    This is my signature

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

The official website also mentions using oracle java, not the openjdk mentioned previously.check out this link to install oracle java 7 via apt.
    http://www.webupd8.org/2012/01/insta...buntu-via.html
    Holding a LAN party? Check out LAN Party Mania (detailed LAN information for games)
    http://lanpartymania.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12