Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Laptop does not suspend

Beans

Re: Laptop does not suspend

I checked my bios and there is no such setting there. In fact, there is not many settings there. So what now?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

It might be worth booting with the live cd and seeing if the lid events are being delayed on a clean install. That would rule out a system configuration issue. Or, maybe a bios update? (Might be a shot in the dark).

If not, I think you're best bet may be to create a bug report against the acpi-support package and see if a dev can look at it. Here is the acpi-support launchpad site: https://launchpad.net/acpi-support.

To create a bug report:
    Code:
    apport-bug acpi-support
    ...(you will need to create a launchpad account if you don't already have one).

Beans

Ok Toz thanks for your time. My machine doesnt have any problems right now and in principle i don't update my bios as long as it works ok So the better bet is to report a bug so that if something is buggy in the software side (i guess it is, cause my windows suspends fine), they would fix it I mark this as solved and create a bug report for launchpad. I appreciate your time, thank you again

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123