Thread: Cinnamon - transparent window while draging

Beans

Cinnamon - transparent window while draging

Hi,

I've installed Cinnamon on Ubuntu and it works just great. Now I would like to have transparent window when I drag it. How can I set it up?

Thanks,
    Maciej

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Cinnamon - transparent window while draging

Take a look here, some tips on how to customize Cinnamon. And yes, Cinnamon is really a great looking DE! Better than Unity. Although it is a bit buggy and still under development (but then again, which DE isn't still under devolpment?).

Do you need any applets, extensions or themes? Take a look here.
    Good Luck!

Beans

thank you, but I did not find transparent windows. Anyway, I've tried unity for over a month.... it's nothing for me.....
    Last edited by Maciej Miklas; October 9th, 2012 at 03:12 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Maciej Miklas View Post
    thank you, but I did not find transparent windows. Anyway, I've tried unity for over a month.... it's nothing for me.....
    Oh yes, you know.. it's funny I found this thread.

I'm going to spend some time learning to code; and I want to do it under Linux, not Windows or whatever... Always been partial to Ubuntu but I couldn't get into Unity either. I was just about to leave here and go install Linux Mint, but I hit this thread..

I didn't even think about installing Cinnamon on Ubuntu and I really didn't feel like waiting for 12.1 or whatever with Gnome really.

These iPad-Clone OS's annoy me, I think they are a 'new trend' - but not so sure they'll last - maybe they will.

They just seem over-simplistic and to me that is too limiting. I'm the creative type who likes to tweak and customize; I don't like the same setup - like it's some appliance. Although I can see why the IT industry wants to 'dumb it all down'... to be CHEAP.
    Disclaimer: I'm still a bit of a Linux/Ubuntu noob myself!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hmmmmmmmm..Cinbuntu? Sounds like it might be worth a try. Running Lubuntu right now. Mainly because I do not like Unity either and I like that Lubuntu is not a resource hog. Might have to try it on my little test rig to see how it does. Thanks for the suggestion.