Thread: chat (msn) + webcam

Beans

chat (msn) + webcam

Hi guys!

I had been trying to install some programs (amsn, emesene, pidgin..) but never I could use the webcam... =(

I've Ubuntu 10.10 or 11.10 in other pc.

I've read some posts about the Cesarius script, but all links are fallen.

¿How I can use the webcam? ¿Is possible= =(

Thanks so much, and sorry for my english.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: chat (msn) + webcam

Hello and welcome to the forums!

Some years ago the ability to use a camera with amsn was almost feasible. Now, I do not know the progress of such an attempt.

I think that if you would like to use webcamera, skype is going to be an option for you (at least if you want voice enabled too).

Regards!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I've recently successfully done video chat on Google+ Hangouts and also on the web at http://meetings.io/ and http://tinychat.com/

The latter two are Flash based but don't need log-ons or proprietary apps like MSN or Skype.

All the best
    Dave
    AMD Bulldozer FX-4100 Quad Core @ 3.6GHz, NVidia GT430, Asus M5A78L-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Western Digital Green 1TB SATA2 hard-drive

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

At least Skype works. Without that, I dunno how camming with family/friends would be possible all these years (except keeping dual boot in place) I know Google Talk has webcam capability now, but still, MSN and Yahoo are an issue. When you're dealing with people who can't do anything with their ******* installed off-the-shelf computer, asking them to install Skype is frequently too much for them to deal with.