Thread: Wanted: software for accountance and duty scheduling in a co-housing scheme

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Wanted: software for accountance and duty scheduling in a co-housing scheme

Hi everyone

I am part of a co-housing scheme. We are some 20 families who live in separate houses, but we have some shared facilities, a kitchen and dining room, a big garden, a workshop and a laundry room.
    We have a dinner club, some shared expenses and duties, common events and so on.

I am looking for a piece of software that can assist the scheduling of our tasks and the internal accounts.
    I imagine something like a website where users can log in, sign op for dinner and duties, report expenses, and where admins can create cooking plans, accounts and so on.

I suppose i could code something from scratch, but would much rather adapt something pre-existing to my needs. Especially if there is a good open source project with a similar goal, in which case I would consider becoming a contributor.

It must be free software, as I will surely have to make some changes and additions to the source code.
    It must have a web-interface with login for users.
    I must be relatively simple.

If the software is well-designed, the programming language does not matter.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Wanted: software for accountance and duty scheduling in a co-housing scheme

To rephrase the question:

Can anyone recommend a piece of software that falls in somewhere between the "personal finances" and the "full-blown ERP" categories?

It must handle simple money transactions and time management for a small group of peers.
    It must be web-based and free (as in freedom & beer).