Thread: Parsing arbitrary email messages in PHP

Beans

Parsing arbitrary email messages in PHP

Can anyone recommend any good mail parsing libraries in PHP? I need to be able to parse emails of various encoding types (everything from 8bit and quoted printable to mime multipart messages) so they can be processed and rendered.
    I've tried using this one: https://github.com/plancake/official-li … ail-parser but it doesn't handle multipart messages.
    I'm exploring the possibility of using the mailparse library, but I'm a bit hesitant since parts of it are described as experimental. Plus it appears that it needs the emails on the file system, which I don't currently have and would prefer not to do.

Beans

Re: Parsing arbitrary email messages in PHP

No one knows of a good email parsing library in PHP?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

All I've seen are recommendations for plancake. I've also seen some hints that Mail in PEAR might be able to do it. However, if you're up for it, you might consider writing your own using RFC2822.
    Last edited by epicoder; October 5th, 2012 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Oh wait. That's the parser you said you were using.
    Don't use W3Schools as a resource! (Inconsequential foul language at the jump)
    Open Linux Forums (More foul language, but well worth it for the quality of support and good humor.)
    If you want to discuss W3Schools, please PM me instead of posting.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sh228 View Post
    All I've seen are recommendations for plancake. I've also seen some hints that Mail in PEAR might be able to do it. However, if you're up for it, you might consider writing your own using RFC2822.
    Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to implement one from scratch