Thread: It has been a while

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

It has been a while

It has been a while since I checked the Ubuntu forums on a daily base. How come? I've finally bought that Mac I was chatting about in some older posts. It isn't exactly the model I wanted (the Apple iMac Intel 20 Inch) but after some good thinking I realized an Apple Mac Mini G4 with 80GB + SuperDrive + WIFI/BT would suffice.

I didn't had to learn about Mac OS X and the Mac I bought since I know that all from experience and work. So it was immediately using it for some duty. I bought the Mac to:

- Surf on the internet
    - Email
    - Write letters / brochures
    - Manage my iPod and my whole Music Library
    - Organize and (minimaly) edit my photographs

I must say the Mac and Mac OS X just works as I expected. I'm very happy I bought it. On a daily base I save a lot of time with the build in applications and possibilities for batch editing. Now that I have a Mac Mini with Mac OS X and a notebook with Ubuntu Linux I can finally say: "No more dual booting and no more Microsoft Windows XP". Not that Microsoft Windows is a bad OS, but Mac OS X and Linux are just more handy, transparant and easy to adjust.
    Linux Is Not Windows | www.derekdjons.nl | The 'XT' under the Rebels.
    Registered Linux User #406653 | Translator @ Launchpad

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: It has been a while

Woohoo! I'll be honest...the only reason I use linux is because I can't afford OSX & I'm tired of Windows.

Beans

I just don't want to have to buy Mac hardware, even though it looks nice.
    A Fedora user

Beans
    Hidden!

In my eyes Apple isn't that much better than MS, they just have some style and finess. They to try to lock in their customers, they make a closed source OS and they support drm with all their heart.

They might have some good hardware and OS X is probably a lot better than XP but I would not buy a mac.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Engnome
    In my eyes Apple isn't that much better than MS, they just have some style and finess. They to try to lock in their customers, they make a closed source OS and they support drm with all their heart.
    Yes, that's true. I also think that Apple are just as bad as Microsoft, if not worse at locking people in as they require their own hardware.
    A Fedora user

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

old post went poof
    Last edited by jarland; April 9th, 2011 at 12:28 AM. Reason: becasuse im an idiot