Thread: Wireless loses Internet connection

Beans

Wireless loses Internet connection

Hi all
    I have a weird problem. My Internet connection just seems to die after a few minutesof operation. If I reboot the desktop, or the wireless router or even just disconnect and reconnect the wireless network it seems to reset and internet works again for a while.

I know this is not an Ubuntu problem as it also happened under Windows XP. This was one of the reasons I tried Ubuntu but that has not solved the issue.

It does not happen with any of the other devices. The MacBook, the iPad, the laptop are all fine and our wifi router does not lose its Internet connection.

Any ideas?

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Wireless loses Internet connection

I have experienced a similar problem. Like you all I have done is shut down and restart and that seems to cure it for awhile, for me it happens more often on windows than ubuntu, in fact now that i think of
    it, it has never happened with ubuntu. One thing though is i have ubuntu on a laptop by itself where
    it is the only OS. Again i'm not sure why but I have seemed to avoid a lot of the common dual boot
    problems. If i find anything more specific I will let you know.

Beans

Thanks offgridguy. I do still dual boot but Ubuntu is on its own drive - if that makes a difference.

Beans
    Hidden!

I honestly can't say if that makes a difference. I am more inclined to think it is an individual computer
    problem as it has only happened on my lenovo L512. I only experienced the problem after I got the
    lenovo with windows 7, I'm sorry I can't be of more help, maybe someone else has some ideas.