View Poll Results: What do you know / think about Yagooft?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • I just love it and already registered

1 4.00%
  • I have read good things about it

0 0%
  • I heard about it already

0 0%
  • This is the first time I read about it

17 68.00%
  • I am interested, tell me more!

1 4.00%
  • I have bad feelings for it

4 16.00%
  • No way! I hate it!

2 8.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you know about Yagooft?

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Question Do you know about Yagooft?

Hi!
    I am just excited about a new Social Network what will start soon... and will allow to communicate with people all over the world without language barriers in many (over 50) languages.
    It is called Yagooft.
    I am already pre-registered and hope to love it... when it starts in this October.
    Anyone knows about it?
    In Hungarian it is here: www.yagooft.hu
    The official site is here: www.yagooft.com
    To register: www.feny.yagooft.com

I would be glad to learn from YOU, if you know more... and ... it would be nice to have people who use Ubuntu (or sub-version of it) with "me" in this Yagooft thing.

(btw... is it oké to ask this question here?)

Greetings,

Tamas
    An idea, what changed my life is in the books of Daniel QUINN: "Ishmael" and "The Story of B"

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Re: Do you know about Yagooft?

My first thought is why do we need another social network? The language barrier thing is a good idea. When I went to the web site, I didn't like what I saw at all. The colorful, cartoony look makes it look like it's not a serious thing. Plus, I'd like to be able to read about it, rather than only having the option to watch a bunch of videos.

If you came up with this, I'm sorry about the critique, but from what I saw, I wouldn't touch it.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans
    Distro

Smile Re: Do you know about Yagooft?

Thanks, forrestcupp!

It is a big corporation, who has made it... I am just a guy who joined up...

I understand what you say... and, yes... it is kind of "childish"... cartoony... simple colored... True enough!

My thought is... it is intended for children, as well...

Yes, indeed, it would be nice to be able to READ, as well, not only see the videos.

Anyhow... I am in... and excited to see... what will it look like at startup... and how well the translations work. If they do work, I will accept with a big smile and joy the simple design.

Greetings, and have a nice weekend!

Tamas
    An idea, what changed my life is in the books of Daniel QUINN: "Ishmael" and "The Story of B"

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Keep us posted on how it works out.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Arrow Re: Do you know about Yagooft?

Quote Originally Posted by forrestcupp View Post
    My first thought is why do we need another social network?
    Same here..I never joined any of the other social networks.And nope, no plans to join this one either.
    A friendly & helpful Linux community who has started a large cursor theme project. If you are sick of tiny cursors, go here and get one.
    http://linuxinternationals.org/forum...orum.php?f=166

Beans
    Distro

Oké, Linuxratty... thanks.
    I have never joint any... beforehands... Well, now I am in... However, I did not have to pay yet...

Keep us posted on how it works out.
    And, yes, forrestcupp, I keep you posted here!

T.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Yagooft, may mean something in a language other than English, put to me is sounds like you goofed. To me that's doesn't seem to be a very welcoming name for a social network.

Beans
    Distro

Smile Re: Do you know about Yagooft?

True, cariboo907!
    In English it means, as they say... "You Goofed"...
    As they explain, the name comes from the language teaching program, what is part of the network... and, when testing someone's knowledge... and the answer is not correct... it says: "Ya Gooft!"...

Well... this can be ONE explanation... however, if you see the logo, the colors, the style of the letters... I have other ideas about the meaning of the name...

Greetings,

T.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by forrestcupp View Post
    My first thought is why do we need another social network? The language barrier thing is a good idea. When I went to the web site, I didn't like what I saw at all. The colorful, cartoony look makes it look like it's not a serious thing. Plus, I'd like to be able to read about it, rather than only having the option to watch a bunch of videos.

If you came up with this, I'm sorry about the critique, but from what I saw, I wouldn't touch it.
    I agree. I wouldn't use it nor would I let my kids - I hadn't heard about it 'til now.

Beans
    Distro

Arrow Re: Do you know about Yagooft?

Thanks Megaptera.

As for me English is "just" a language I learnt... I do not have the feeling for "yagooft", as an expression... It is, for me, just a name, like Yahoo, or Google, or... many others.

There is a new video. It might explain the product better, than I may do...

http://youtu.be/n43CtQOXBog

Well, I am "in", and I HOPE, it will work fine, and will really allow me to talk to others... without language barriers...

T.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast