Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gnome shell calendar applet won't sync

Beans

gnome shell calendar applet won't sync

I have ubuntu 12.04 with gnome shell 3.4.1 installed. I have tried everything I can find online but I cannot get the gnome shell calendar applet to display any events. I have my Google account set up in the online accounts settings. I installed Evolution, and my google calendar syncs perfectly on there. Evolution is the default calendar application. I've tried changing the time zones as that was a bug I found, but that didn't help. It just says that no events are scheduled even though I created an event for tomorrow.

Any ideas? I don't know which logs to put on here, so let me know what is needed. I'm not new to linux, but I'm not an expert by any means, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Beans

Re: gnome shell calendar applet won't sync

This worked for me, without Evolution!!!
    Requires a google account to sync though.

http://www.webupd8.org/2011/09/googl...tegration.html
    Last edited by lovalloj; June 2nd, 2012 at 12:13 AM.

Beans

i've tried that. for some reason some of the programs in my startup applications won't automatically start, such as this and my guake terminal. so because of that this won't work, and i'd really just prefer to sort out this bug instead of using a workaround. thanks for your suggestion though. anyone else?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

That's pretty weird, mine syncs Ok with Google Calendar, from day one... Without even setting up the Online Account thingy with my Google data; everything done thru Evolution's configuration.
    Last edited by hictio; June 2nd, 2012 at 03:15 AM.
    Live long and prosper.
    And use lotsa Linux, BSD, and Emacs.

Beans

I'll try deleting my online account stuff then just setting it up in evolution. I had it working in 11.10 and since I upgraded to 12.04 it hasn't worked, but I'll give it a shot. If not, I may just make my own shell extension

Beans

Yeah I deleted my gnome online account settings, then set everything up in Evolution and still nothing showed up for calendar events. It just says "Nothing Scheduled." Can someone tell me where that calendar/clock applet would be located? and also where the log files are so I can look to see what errors there are. Thanks.

Beans

Actually I have a new question for those with the calendar working. if someone could please download "dconf Editor" from the software center and navigate to org -> gnome -> evolution -> calendar and tell me what value you have for both "selected-calendars" and "selected-tasks" it would be great. Mine is empty, but I'm not sure what to put there that may make it work.

or just type this into terminal if you have gsettings (which idk if it comes installed as default):
    gsettings get org.gnome.shell.evolution.calendar selected-calendars
    and let me know what it returns please. Thanks.
    Last edited by theigmo87; June 2nd, 2012 at 05:32 PM.

Beans

bump

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

There you go:

Code:
    stilgar > gsettings get org.gnome.shell.evolution.calendar selected-calendars 
    No such schema 'org.gnome.shell.evolution.calendar'
    This is a plain vanilla Precise Pangolin (32 bits) with all the updates installed.
    I've installed Gnome Shell thru Gnome's PPA, like this: Installing Gnome 3 on Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise Pangolin).
    Live long and prosper.
    And use lotsa Linux, BSD, and Emacs.

Beans

yeah I have no idea what created that key then... I mean its obviously something with evolution but i don't know what. I even installed ubuntu 12.04, then gnome-shell, then set up my online accounts, then evolution, and I didn't have the key and my calendar applet worked. I have no idea what's going on, but any ideas would be appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast