Thread: Want Buddhabuntu .ISO to dL - Where to get?

Beans

Question Want Buddhabuntu .ISO to dL - Where to get?

I want to install Buddhabuntu (or some kind of Buddhist desktop add-on at the very least). I've found.....NOTHIN' ( After googling "download buddhabuntu", the best I could find is that buddhabuntu.8m.net. And then [URL="https://launchpad.net/buduntu/"]https://launchpad.net/buduntu/ ALSO refers us to aforementioned site. Well, I went there, and I didn't see anything that specifically said that it was a .ISO link to dL. I don't know what was up with that "download Beta EXPANSION I & II" and "download Beta LIVEDVDCD", but i clicked on one of them, and all it did was point me to PirateBay, and there were no seeders for it - it was a dead torrent. Can someone either check that out and advise me further, for assistance....OR just tell me where I can find an .ISO download OR an ACTIVE, ALIVE torrent? Please and thank you!! Or even if you know a cool desktop add-on. I'm an Ubuntu/Linux newbie, so I'm VERY novice. Nothing too complicated please. Thanks!!
    Last edited by howefield; October 17th, 2012 at 08:43 PM. Reason: reset font.

Beans

Re: Want Buddhabuntu .ISO to dL - Where to get?

Thread moved to "Other OS/Distro Talk" forum.

homepage says "Please note that you may have to register at Ubuntu Forums to download some of the items.
    If this becomes a problem, please email me at raymonjc@sbu.edu and I will see about hosting them somewhere else."

so, perhaps an email to raymonjc@sbu.edu ?

Also, the blog entries are kind of dated:
    Downloading Ubuntu Buddhist Remix
    June 22, 2009

What's New:
    June 12 2009

May still work:

raymonjc@sbu.edu
    admin@buddhabuntu.8m.net
    developers@buddhabuntu.8m.net
    Last edited by Habitual; October 17th, 2012 at 10:10 PM.
    Windows assumes the user is an idiot.
    Linux demands proof.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by chrisgrissett View Post
    I want to install Buddhabuntu (or some kind of Buddhist desktop add-on at the very least). ... Or even if you know a cool desktop add-on. I'm an Ubuntu/Linux newbie, so I'm VERY novice. Nothing too complicated please. Thanks!!
    What about Bodhi Linux?

Beans

I don't believe it's developed anymore.
    Steam: ubuntugamer( Add me ) | Gaming: Left 4 Dead 2, Metro Last Light, Assassin's Creed 4, Forced