Thread: Cowon iaudio 9 Not Mounting as Digital Audio Player

Cowon iaudio 9 Not Mounting as Digital Audio Player

The Cowon iaudio 7 I had before this one mounted as a digital audio player, however this new Cowon iaudio 9 mounts only as a usb storage device. Is there any way to get it to mount as a digital audio player? Ultimately I am trying to get it to work with different music programs (quod libet, rhythmbox, banshee, etc.).

Beans

Re: Cowon iaudio 9 Not Mounting as Digital Audio Player

Sometimes until a player has been out for a while it won't have proper definitions in HAL and it gets treated as a generic USB flash drive. In the past I have been able to put a .is_audio_player file in the root directory and then banshee recognized the device as an audio player.

Unfortunately I don't own an iaudio 9, so I don't know what settings to tell you. If you google for .is_audio_player, you can probably find one that you can tweak a little for your player.

How do you like the player? I am trying to decide between an iaudio 9 and a J3.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

A friend is asking my advice. Does the iaudio 9 sync with Ubuntu? Any feedback greatly appreciated. If someone knows of a Cowon that definitely syncs with Ubuntu 12 please let me know. The person is anewbie so it needs to be pretty easy.

sean
    NO SELF....NO PROBLEM

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

From the Ubuntu Forums Code of Conduct.
    If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.
    Thread closed.