Thread: Uninstalling GRUB from MacBook Air up vote 0 down vote favorite So... I have a MacBoo

Beans

Uninstalling GRUB from MacBook Air up vote 0 down vote favorite So... I have a MacBoo

So... I have a MacBook Air and I recently tried to install Ubuntu on my external HD. I booted Ubuntu from a flash drive and everything had gone fine. I turned off my computer and when I turned it on again I got a message of error and a "grub rescue" line to enter some code. I rebooted holding the "option" key and I selected the Mac partition and everything is fine with my system, but every time I start my system and I don't hold the "option" key, I get the same error and the grub rescue message. I just want things to go back to normal, as they were before I installed Ubuntu on my external HD (which, btw, presented a message that said there was no boot loader). What do I do?

Beans

Re: Uninstalling GRUB from MacBook Air up vote 0 down vote favorite So... I have a Ma

When you're booted under OS X, go to System Preferences ==> Startup Disk and click on your internal disk. At the next reboot, you should be good. I've seen the same behavior with my macs, and I consider it a bug in Ubuntu. When I say "no bootloader" at installation, I want the installer to leave my frigging disk alone and not install something to the bootloader section behind my back.

Beans

Re: Uninstalling GRUB from MacBook Air up vote 0 down vote favorite So... I have a Ma

Ok... Thanks for the help. I am gonna try it today! = )

Beans

Only one question... If I formatted the HD, would it resolve?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by pindar View Post
    When you're booted under OS X, go to System Preferences ==> Startup Disk and click on your internal disk. At the next reboot, you should be good. I've seen the same behavior with my macs, and I consider it a bug in Ubuntu. When I say "no bootloader" at installation, I want the installer to leave my frigging disk alone and not install something to the bootloader section behind my back.
    Hey man, it worked!! XD
    You saved my life!!
    Thank you very much, really!!