Thread: python linking to dl and other libs failed

Beans

python linking to dl and other libs failed

hello,
    i trying to build a gem5 simulator with python v2.7.3 and on the final linking stage i get the following error

/usr/local/lib/libpython2.7.a(dynload_shlib.o): In function `_PyImport_GetDynLoadFunc':
    /usr/local/src/Apps/Python-2.7.3/Python/dynload_shlib.c:94: undefined reference to `dlsym'
    /usr/local/src/Apps/Python-2.7.3/Python/dynload_shlib.c:130: undefined reference to `dlopen'
    /usr/local/src/Apps/Python-2.7.3/Python/dynload_shlib.c:141: undefined reference to `dlsym'
    /usr/local/src/Apps/Python-2.7.3/Python/dynload_shlib.c:133: undefined reference to `dlerror'
    /usr/local/lib/libpython2.7.a(posixmodule.o): In function `posix_openpty':
    /usr/local/src/Apps/Python-2.7.3/./Modules/posixmodule.c:3756: undefined reference to `openpty'
    /usr/local/lib/libpython2.7.a(posixmodule.o): In function `posix_forkpty':
    /usr/local/src/Apps/Python-2.7.3/./Modules/posixmodule.c:3816: undefined reference to `forkpty'

i'm using a scons to build the simulator and i can't change the signals to the gcc to include -ldl library and etc..

i've also tried to change the PATH to look in the python dir first without any luck.

any idea on how to fix this ?

additional info :
    x64 PC ubuntu 64 -12.04
    python2.7.3

Beans

Re: python linking to dl and other libs failed

Hey buddy, I am facing the same problem. Did you solve this problem btw? please help.

Beans

Re: python linking to dl and other libs failed

I had the same problem with EPD. I solved it by adding the flags -ldl -lutil to the linker.
    Last edited by EmreJ; October 4th, 2012 at 06:48 AM.