Thread: Quick check for bug in unity HUD

Beans

Quick check for bug in unity HUD

Greetings, I may have found a bug, but I'd like to check with someone else first before I do a big search for known bugs, etc.

I have several bookmarks in Nautilus. I can access these bookmarks by clicking in the left pane of Nautilus. I can also access these by right-clicking on Nautilus in the unity launcher and selecting the bookmark.

When I have the Ubuntu Desktop selected (no app open), and I tap 'alt' to initiate the HUD, I can see these bookmarks if I start typing the name of one of them. However, pushing ENTER doesn't actually open the bookmark in nautilus...or anything. Just closes the HUD.

If someone could just check this for me and let me know whether it is local to me, that would be great!

Thanks!

wojox is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans

Re: Quick check for bug in unity HUD

It does the same here as well. Cause it's suppose to. That's how HUD works. Instead of Alt+F or Alt+S you access the menus through HUD.
    Try Super+F and search (super is the Windows key).

Beans

Sorry, I'm a bit unclear. I would expect that when I pop open the HUD and locate a bookmark...then press ENTER...an action would be performed. Presumably opening Nautilus to that location. Am I wrong?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Myoldmopar View Post
    Sorry, I'm a bit unclear. I would expect that when I pop open the HUD and locate a bookmark...then press ENTER...an action would be performed. Presumably opening Nautilus to that location. Am I wrong?
    That application needs to be open and have focus.

Beans

OK, that does make sense. Seemed a bit non-intuitive because I didn't have Nautilus in front of me, so I assumed the HUD was going to pop open (or focus) Nautilus for me.

Thanks for checking!

Beans

Your welcome Myoldmopar.

Beans

I think this should apply as a continuation...am I supposed to be able to click (or even double click) items on the HUD to activate them? I can type, use arrow keys and press ENTER, but mouse clicks don't seem to do anything.

Thanks!