Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuduntu 2012.4 is here

Fuduntu 2012.4 is here

Wanted to let everyone know that we have released Fuduntu 2012.4!

---

It’s that time again! The Fuduntu Team is proud to announce the immediate availability of Fuduntu 2012.4. This is the fourth quarterly release for 2012. Like all previous Fuduntu releases, this release follows our tradition of making small incremental distribution improvements that don’t sacrifice the stability of our Linux distribution. Existing Fuduntu users have already rolled up to 2012.4, as all of the updates available are released to our stable repository.

http://www.fuduntu.org/blog/2012/10/...012-4-release/

---

Lots of great new stuff in this release including optimization of our TMPFS usage to reduce wakeups and latency even further, and we've dropped the last Mono dependency allowing us to drop Mono!

We've also updated our default desktop and some of our default apps, be sure to take a look!
    [ Fuduntu.org ] - [ Fuduntu Forum ] - [ Fuduntu Blog ] - [ Fuduntu Wiki ]

For a classic desktop with the latest apps, get Fuduntu!

Beans

Re: Fuduntu 2012.4 is here

Thanks for the news. I'll check it out.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I've read a lot about Fuduntu. Never tried it. I think now is the time. I'm only really use to the Ubuntu/Debian command structure, so I'm sure there will be a learning curve of some sort. But I think I'm ready to jump in.

Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without Music, Life Would Be A Mistake" - So, what album are you NOW PLAYING?

My Last.FM | My Original Music at Jamendo

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I jumped in alright. Damn, I love this distro. This is a great distro with a TON of potential. I hope others will give this a shot. The Fuduntu forums are nice for those coming from Windows or the non-YUM/RPM distros. I've tweaked it a bit bu using the "testing" repo. A rock solid Linux distribution in my opinion. I've dedicated my desktop to being my Fuduntu machine. Enjoying it immensely.
    Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without Music, Life Would Be A Mistake" - So, what album are you NOW PLAYING?

My Last.FM | My Original Music at Jamendo

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Spellbinder View Post
    I jumped in alright. Damn, I love this distro. This is a great distro with a TON of potential. I hope others will give this a shot. The Fuduntu forums are nice for those coming from Windows or the non-YUM/RPM distros. I've tweaked it a bit bu using the "testing" repo. A rock solid Linux distribution in my opinion. I've dedicated my desktop to being my Fuduntu machine. Enjoying it immensely.
    Really glad to hear that you are enjoying Fuduntu!

Beans

and I enjoyed Fuduntu , too

Beans

What are you guys gonna do when there is no more Gnome2?

Quote Originally Posted by mips View Post
    What are you guys gonna do when there is no more Gnome2?
    The same thing we are doing now, digging into the sources and working on it ourselves.

Beans

You have a poor website. I have looked everywhere but couldn't even find a sentence or two explaining what Fuduntu is all about. As such I am not downloading it to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorix View Post
    You have a poor website. I have looked everywhere but couldn't even find a sentence or two explaining what Fuduntu is all about. As such I am not downloading it to try it out.
    Ok.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast