Thread: Internet connetion

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Smile Internet connetion

Hi

I have an issue with my LAN port and i am connecting to the internet via USB.
    I am using the windows OS right ow so that I can install the USB modem driver and get connected.
    I would like to move on to Ubuntu. But will there be any problem with my internet connection. If so, how do I resolve it.
    Knowing UBUNTU better.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Internet connetion

Can anybody tell me how I can connect to the Internet after installing Ubuntu to my Desktop?

Cannot connect the LAN as the LAN port is not working due to an hardware issue.
    Knowing UBUNTU better.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hey

Information is key.

What OS are you using , what USB device are you using,
    have you searched the forums for others with the same hardware and may have seen issues?

If you have tried anything to resolve your problem, what have you tried.

The sticky above the threads give additional information on problems and ways of reporting.

The more information you provide the easier it would be to help
    You can tell a man who boozes by the company he chooses, as the pig got up and slowly walked away.

Beans
    Distro

Unhappy Re: Internet connetion

Currently I am using the Windows XP. I would like to install the Ubuntu OS to my Desktop.
    But the Main issue is that the LAN Port is not working and I am connecting Via the USB.
    Its a Scientific Atlanta Multi connection Modem.
    I have tried to install the Ubuntu, but I am not able to connect to the Internet via LAN, so the only option available is the USB or a Wireless connection.

To activate the USB support, we have to install the software for the modem which is compatible only with the Windows based OS.
    Knowing UBUNTU better.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Whats wrong with he LAN port on the box,
    When you plug in a cable, what happens?

Did you run ifconfig to see if your machine got an IP address via dhcp or are you running a static configuration?

what version OS are you using what version of the Scientific Atlanta are you running,

What happens when you plug it in
    Did you study the sticky?
    You can tell a man who boozes by the company he chooses, as the pig got up and slowly walked away.

Beans
    Distro

Hi....

Right now I am using the Windows XP Operating System. Whenever I plug the LAN cable to the port the light on the port does not turn on and the status shows as unplugged.
    I did run the ipconfig and it does not detect the DHCP server.
    Knowing UBUNTU better.

Beans
    Distro

Seems like the issue was with the modems LAN port and now I have the issue resolved.

Thanks Guys.
    Knowing UBUNTU better.

Beans

i have installed backtrack 5 r2 and i install network gnome manager ,with VPN connection i'm going on internet ,that's ok ,
    problem is next, i buy new computer ,install bt and now i can not connect to VPN ,everything is ok but vpn connection is failed every time i try to connect
    when i replace HDD to old computer and start BT i can connect to VPN ,put the HDD back to new computer and again the same error ,

any help ?