Thread: XFCE panel icon sizes

Beans

Unhappy XFCE panel icon sizes

Hello

Take a loot at the image of my panel in XFCE 4.10.

As you can see the icons of the quick launch (marked orange) and the icons of the opened applications (marked green) have some incorrect and painful sizes for my eyes.

Is there a way to adjust them so they look like the one that are at the very top of the panel (which is the app menu panel applet, btw)?

rai4shu2 is offline Extra Foam Sugar Free Ubuntu
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: XFCE panel icon sizes

Yeah, I think that's just the way Quicklauncher is. You probably need regular launchers if you want all the icons to match in size.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rai4shu2 View Post
    Yeah, I think that's just the way Quicklauncher is. You probably need regular launchers if you want all the icons to match in size.
    great.. I wonder what was in the mind of the author of Quicklauncher when he was coding the icon's width and height code based on the panel height.. It appears that he thought "aaaah, I'll make it just 76.35% of the panel's height, it's so logical."

rai4shu2 is offline Extra Foam Sugar Free Ubuntu
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quicklauncher divides the normal space for one launcher into fourths, by default. What you're doing there is a little outside the box, so no big surprise it doesn't quite work right.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rai4shu2 View Post
    Quicklauncher divides the normal space for one launcher into fourths, by default. What you're doing there is a little outside the box, so no big surprise it doesn't quite work right.
    Just purged the whole panel and installed AWN

Beans

Use a normal launcher. Quicklauncher is no longer necessary since the panel supports multiple rows/colums of buttons natively.