Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Phone?

Beans

New Phone?

I have an htc inspire 4g. My contract is up. I just put a straight talk sim in it and straight talk seems great for me. My only real complaint is battery. Should i get a new phone with better battery or just put up with carrying a few extra batteries around? Maybe get a nexus 7 and tether my current phone with it?
    Whoever came up with the phrase "There is no such thing as a stupid question" obviously never had the internet.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Re: New Phone?

If you haven't already, you should look into rooting it. Rooting will remove a lot of bloatware and allow you to manually remove other things that are killing your battery. There is tons of info around the Web about rooting and the benefits and how to achieve certain things (like longer battery life). Google is your friend here.
    Ubuntu user #35115 - Linux user #555707 - My Ubuntu Wik page
    Join the Ubuntu Forums' IRC room (#ubuntuforums on irc.freenode.net)!

Beans

Been rooted since day 1. Running job cm rom
    Whoever came up with the phrase "There is no such thing as a stupid question" obviously never had the internet.

Beans
    Hidden!

Upgrade to the Galaxy Nexus. It's pretty cheap now and can be purchased direct from the Google Play store.
    That's what she said.

Beans

Has the battery always been an issue? or are you saying that it is an issue because you have had the phone for a while?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by TheMTtakeover View Post
    Has the battery always been an issue? or are you saying that it is an issue because you have had the phone for a while?
    always been an issue. i carry 2 extra batteries in my wallet

Beans

I'll second the Galaxy Nexus. Great phone at a reasonable price.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I'll third the Galaxy Nexus.
    No extra layers of **** by manufacturer or carrier, so no need to root. Always among the first to get Android updates. I've been running Jelly Bean since July (IIRC), while the majority of phones hasn't even made it to Ice Cream Sandwich.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by dniMretsaM View Post
    If you haven't already, you should look into rooting it. Rooting will remove a lot of bloatware and allow you to manually remove other things that are killing your battery. There is tons of info around the Web about rooting and the benefits and how to achieve certain things (like longer battery life). Google is your friend here.
    By the way I believe you can point out links about rooting as there is nothing illegal in that since Android is open source.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by kio_http View Post
    By the way I believe you can point out links about rooting as there is nothing illegal in that since Android is open source.
    These two things do not necessarily have to do with each other, depending on your local legislation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast