Thread: No desktop icons after updating and menus launch with audacious

Beans

[all variants] No desktop icons after updating and menus launch with audacious

I am using AVlinux kernel 2.6.39.1 and recently performed an update using Synaptic. After rebooting, my desktop had changed and all the desktop icons are missing. When I go to Places and open any folder, all the contents are opened with Audacious for some reason. The only way I can navigate through my folders is to open the File Manager in Accessories.

All my folders and files are still in the Desktop folder itself, but not displayed on the desktop. and like I said, all the menu options under Places opens up with Audacious instead of the file manager. Any advice would be appreciated, just let me know if you need any more details.

Okay, I have fixed the problem with the folders opening with audacious by right clicking on a folder and changing the open with preference. I guess this got changed during the update.

However I still have problems with the desktop, mainly being that all the icons are missing and I can't even move icons onto it even though there are files in the Desktop directory. Also compiz is not working and no window decorators like Emerald will work. Openbox window manager is working but that's about it as far as the desktop environment goes.
    Last edited by howefield; October 12th, 2014 at 11:52 AM.