Hi there, I just installed Ubuntu 12.04 LTS yesterday and was installing software, and well, initially K3b Burning software failed to install properly (I had walked away while this was downloading). I suspect this isn't the source of my problems and that the download just had an error, since it is like 234 MB or something. Anyways, then I was going to watch something on YouTube and installed Adobe Flash Player through the Software Center. Well, tried to. It downloaded it all and then froze on the 'Applying Changes' part of the process. And since then, well it has been freezing on the 'Applying Changes' process on-and-off for different software. I think it is dependent on what software I am installing, whether it has to do with the video codecs or not... not sure though. I definitely witnessed it with the Ubuntu Restricted Extras, although after I rebooted it says that it was installed. And it also freezes whenever it does the Searching process in the Software Center... and when I click cancel it takes like a half hour to complete that request. So I end up restarting so that I can install things again. The Update Manager is also giving me messages: Information available - Update information - Failure to download extra data files

The following packages requested additional data downloads after package installation, but the data could not be downloaded or could not be processed.

flashplugin-installer

The download will be attempted again later, or you can try the download again now. Running this command requires an active Internet connection.
--- Then I click on the "Run this action now" button and the Terminal pops up with: "flashplugin-installer: downloading http://archive.canonical.com/pool/partner/a/adobe-flashplugin/adobe-flashplugin_11.2.202.238.orig.tar.gz"
Then it freezes, does nothing after this point for like 10 minutes then goes back to the Update Manager error.... Not sure what to do at this point. My level of expertise with Linux = nada. I haven't the slightest clue how to use the terminal, though I think I could if someone could explain what the commands and variables mean. I had a friend try to explain this once but I was pretty unsuccessful at all the things he was telling me to type over the phone. "sudo" yada yada that's all I really know. I know some MS-Dos commands, have a basic understanding of programming, but again, no background with Linux. I'd like to learn it but I need some real dumbed down explanations. I am all good on the GUI, though. I can pretty much figure out any program given a chance to play around. So please, feel free to school me. HELP! Thanks!

Best regards,
Soup127