Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why is this place so quiet?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Why is this place so quiet?

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSan View Post
    Hello from a new member to the forum. I've been a fan of Linux for a long time and finally decided to become more involved in the community so I've been researching this morning and found out about the AU ubuntu team and this forum.

I plan to enjoy actively participating going forward. I haven't been on IRC for years but it looks like I'll be loading up an IRC client and meeting people in the IRC channels listed on the AU team wiki.

KInd Regards
    Glenn
    Welcome to the forum. Don't hesitate to ask for help with your install and general intro to linux.

Whether you think you can, or you can't, you're right.
    - Henry Ford

Beans

Re: Why is this place so quiet?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harrison View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Don't hesitate to ask for help with your install and general intro to linux.
    Hi Scott,

thanks for the note but I'm not after help with my install. My 12.04 install under virtual box is running just wonderfully thanks! If I wasn't self-sufficient after more than a decade of mucking around with various Linux distros I think I'd have to go out to the car park and shoot myself

I am far more interested in seeing if there is an active Ubuntu community here in Australia and if there is, to determine how to engage with these folks to learn more about the Ubuntu community and to share the benefits of Linux and open source software. Tonight I had a brief chat in the IRC channels associated with Ubuntu-au and I look forward to future conversations, particularly as university demands wind up towards year end. It seems Uni study is a big focus for many in the community at this time.

Kind Regards
    GlennSan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12