Thread: 0-byte Database Backups

Beans

0-byte Database Backups

Something is causing 0-byte database backups but I can't seem to identify what is doing it. The empty files are of the form mythconverg-20120922223343.sql. I've run all scripts in /etc/cron.daily and none of them seem to be doing it. I suspect BARE but I haven't been able to prove it.

Ideas?

Beans

Re: 0-byte Database Backups

Quote Originally Posted by jamoody View Post
    Something is causing 0-byte database backups but I can't seem to identify what is doing it. The empty files are of the form mythconverg-20120922223343.sql. I've run all scripts in /etc/cron.daily and none of them seem to be doing it. I suspect BARE but I haven't been able to prove it.

Ideas?
    logs?

Beans

The heart of the backup script is mysqldump, which produces the actual backup file. mysqldump errors out if it finds a crashed table or other significant database problem. So perhaps try running mysqlcheck to see whether a one or more crashed tables are found which need to be repaired.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

BARE just uses the MythTV provided backup script for the DB backup, and places the .sql file in a temp directory before gzipping it. If you are seeing the .sql file outside of /tmp then it isn't BARE.
    *Don't PM me directly for support, open a new thread
    *Looking for a MythTV quick start guide?