Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CPU overheating issues: where to submit the bug report?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: CPU overheating issues: where to submit the bug report?

Go into your BIOS; find fan speed/control/temp control and change the temp at which the fan kicks on. This is a bios problem not hardware or OS.

Beans
    Distro

Also please remember to mark solved problems with the [SOLVED] tag found in the thread tools.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Shuudoushi View Post
    Go into your BIOS; find fan speed/control/temp control and change the temp at which the fan kicks on. This is a bios problem not hardware or OS.
    Please (re)read my original post. The specific issue described in this thread is most definitely is not something that can be fixed with a simple BIOS setting (that was the first thing I tried.)

*edit* Actually, sorry, you're right: I had forgotten to mention in my OP that I had already tried to fix this issue using a BIOS setting. I'll edit my OP.

*edit of my previous edit* Turns out I can't edit my OP now so I'll mention it here: IIRC, there is a BIOS setting which mentions the fan. This BIOS setting has two settings. I tried both settings but no joy. I searched several times through the BIOS for other options but no joy. You're absolutely right that if we lived in a sane and fair world then this problem should be fixed in 30 seconds with a simple tweak of a BIOS setting. But my HP ProBook doesn't have a useful BIOS setting to do that. From which we can infer that we definitely do not live in a sane or fair world
    Last edited by Jack Kelly; November 26th, 2012 at 09:59 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Kelly View Post
    Please (re)read my original post. The specific issue described in this thread is most definitely is not something that can be fixed with a simple BIOS setting (that was the first thing I tried.)
    Lol np

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12