Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Gazelle Professional - Centrino Advanced-N 6235 wireless issue

Beans

Re: New Gazelle Professional - Centrino Advanced-N 6235 wireless issue

Quote Originally Posted by isantop View Post
    what's your case number? I'll check it to find out what happened. This experience is far below our quality standards for service.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonIngalls View Post
    I see that we've gone ahead and cancelled it for you. If you like, I can still have them send the part out. I'll make sure it goes out in a timely manner as well.
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!

Beans

That is alright. This whole process has been way more than I signed on for. I currently have a lesser wireless card but I will chalk it up as a loss that is my fault. I should have listened to some of the other reviews/horror stories I had seen online. But it works as I have it now -- save for the weekly complete lock up.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonIngalls View Post
    That is alright. This whole process has been way more than I signed on for. I currently have a lesser wireless card but I will chalk it up as a loss that is my fault. I should have listened to some of the other reviews/horror stories I had seen online. But it works as I have it now -- save for the weekly complete lock up.
    Dear Brandon,

Reinstalling Ubuntu from its discs means you have installed a 3.2.x version of the Linux Kernel. This version (and earlier versions) of the kernel are not compatible with the 3rd Generation "Ivy Bridge" processors.

I recommend that you add the "UpUbuntu" repository to your < Update Manager -> Settings -> Software Sources > list and then install the Linux kernel version 3.3.6.

This will eliminate the freezing you are experiencing.

As the new "Quantal Quetzel" version (Ubuntu 12.10) will be introduced next week, you could wait for that introduction and, when you upgrade to that version, a much later kernel version (I believe 3.5.x) will be installed along with it. That too will solve your freezing problem.

Best of luck.

Lawrence

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12