Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Torchlight won't open after fullscreen

Beans

Torchlight won't open after fullscreen

I just downloaded TorchLight as a part of the humble bundle pack, played if for awhile on Ubuntu 12.04, everything worked fine at 800x600 (i think that was the default screen size), but when I restarted later I changed the setting to fullscreen causing the game to crash. when i try to restart all i get is a sliver of.......?something? happening in the middle of my screen and sometimes my mouse pointer will turn into a gauntlet for smashing evil.... but no evil.
    surfed around and couldn't find anyone with the same problem
    then, feeling like a freaking genius (because i'm computer illiterate) i looked in my home folder, viewed hidden files, found the torchlight folder, found localsettings.txt opened that up, found the line that read fullscreen:1 (or something of the sort), changed that to fullscreen:0 (hey i just learned 1=yes and 2=no! wait, is that right?) and tried to open the program again. this time i get a splashscreen for the game, then the same ?thing? going on in the center of my screen, my mouse turns to a gauntlet for a second, and i stop feeling like a genius.
    help?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Torchlight won't open after fullscreen

I think it's 0=No and 1=Yes

Beans

same issue after clicking the fullscreen box, it runs some sliver of a window and my resolution goes insane. help needed

Beans

Open the localsettings.txt file again, and make sure that the values for RES_WIDTH and RES_HEIGHT match an available screen resolution for your computer. You can find out the resolutions available for your display driver by opening a terminal and typing the following:
    Code:
    xrandr

Beans

This worked for me. Thanks for the advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguruguy View Post
    Open the localsettings.txt file again, and make sure that the values for RES_WIDTH and RES_HEIGHT match an available screen resolution for your computer. You can find out the resolutions available for your display driver by opening a terminal and typing the following:
    Code:
    xrandr

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Question Re: Torchlight won't open after fullscreen

Code:
    xrandr
    I have similar problem:
    xrandr = 1366x768

In localsettings.txt:
    FULLSCREEN :0
    WINDOW_WIDTH :1366
    WINDOW_HEIGHT :768
    RES_WIDTH :1366
    RES_HEIGHT :768

But torchlight is still opened in window.
    Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

EDIT: Fullscreen:0 is the correct setting for fullscreen, but see my post here.
    Last edited by thatguruguy; September 21st, 2012 at 02:12 AM. Reason: corrected information.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Change FULLSCREEN:0 to FULLSCREEN:1
    I've changed this value, but game still runs in window. Only effect is that I cant move mouse outside window :/

Beans

Ubuntu Unity and compiz are very problematic with games. I've tried Torchlight with Ubuntu 12.04 and indeed it can't go fullscreen.

The game use SDL 2.0, which have a new window behavior that can cause issues with compositors.

It runs flawlessly with Xubuntu.

Beans

I had the same problem, but realized full screen wasn't going to work at this point in time. Also for some reason when I changed full screen in the .txt it didn't keep the changes. I had to uncheck full screen in the game itself. I then turned down the resolution slightly in order for the window to fill in my screen.

Quote Originally Posted by peter07 View Post
    I've changed this value, but game still runs in window. Only effect is that I cant move mouse outside window :/

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast