Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Torchlight won't open after fullscreen

Beans

Smile Re: Torchlight won't open after fullscreen

Try this!
    Open ccsm ( In the software center I think it's called compiz config system manager. )
    Open Workarounds
    enable Legacy Full screen Support
    log out and then back in

* Huh also try, minimize the Torchlight window ( pressing crappy windows key ) and then open it again by clicking on it in the unity icon.

Good Luck

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Torchlight won't open after fullscreen

Having the same problem, but compunded in Kubuntu. When I first opened the game, the resolution was all messed up, so I followed the advice in the README file and set the following:

export SDL_VIDEO_X11_XINERAMA=0
    export SDL_VIDEO_X11_XRANDR=0

Now the game wont load at all. I set both variables back to 1 (I think thats default...) but still no good. I tried purging the game and reinstalling but no luck. Because the game wont start, there is no localsettings.txt file. Anybody have any idea about this??

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by whatthefunk View Post
    Having the same problem, but compunded in Kubuntu. When I first opened the game, the resolution was all messed up, so I followed the advice in the README file and set the following:

export SDL_VIDEO_X11_XINERAMA=0
    export SDL_VIDEO_X11_XRANDR=0

Now the game wont load at all. I set both variables back to 1 (I think thats default...) but still no good. I tried purging the game and reinstalling but no luck. Because the game wont start, there is no localsettings.txt file. Anybody have any idea about this??
    Are you using the latest version of the game, which was updated yesterday on the humblebundle site? The revisions were meant to fix the full-screen problem, by making illegal resolutions impossible.

Also, the statements "When I first opened the game, the resolution was all messed up" and "Because the game wont start, there is no localsettings.txt file" are contradictory. It's impossible for both statements to be true.
    Last edited by thatguruguy; September 25th, 2012 at 04:00 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by homerhomer View Post
    Try this!
    Open ccsm ( In the software center I think it's called compiz config system manager. )
    Open Workarounds
    enable Legacy Full screen Support
    log out and then back in

* Huh also try, minimize the Torchlight window ( pressing crappy windows key ) and then open it again by clicking on it in the unity icon.

Good Luck
    Was there something wrong with the instructions given here, which were virtually the same?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by thatguruguy View Post
    Are you using the latest version of the game, which was updated yesterday on the humblebundle site? The revisions were meant to fix the full-screen problem, by making illegal resolutions impossible.

Also, the statements "When I first opened the game, the resolution was all messed up" and "Because the game wont start, there is no localsettings.txt file" are contradictory. It's impossible for both statements to be true.
    I purged all the associated files and then the game wouldnt work again so there was no localsettings file. Anyway, the new version of the game works in full screen. Thanks! Now if only the players had faces....

Beans

Has anybody been able to get past floor 19?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by JDShu View Post
    Has anybody been able to get past floor 19?
    That's where I left off today. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by whatthefunk View Post
    I purged all the associated files and then the game wouldnt work again so there was no localsettings file. Anyway, the new version of the game works in full screen. Thanks! Now if only the players had faces....
    Good to know that they actually fixed the full-screen bug as promised. They also fixed the problem causing the music not to play. Hopefully, the invisible face thing will be knocked out soon.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Talking Re: Torchlight won't open after fullscreen

I am SO impressed by the rapidity of the Torchlight fixes. Now I have the great music along with everything else. This game is so much fun that I bought the Windows version 3 years ago and played it under wine with no sound at all (at the time).

Gaming on Linux is getting better and better and better.

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by oldrocker99 View Post
    I am SO impressed by the rapidity of the Torchlight fixes.
    Am I missing something? I just purchased this game from Humble Bundle a moment ago and I have no face on two of the characters and no full screen....
    64-Bit Ubuntu 12.04 (NEVER buy an HP laptop)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast