Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Torchlight won't open after fullscreen

Beans

Re: Torchlight won't open after fullscreen

Quote Originally Posted by cmyers2215 View Post
    I had the same problem, but realized full screen wasn't going to work at this point in time. Also for some reason when I changed full screen in the .txt it didn't keep the changes. I had to uncheck full screen in the game itself. I then turned down the resolution slightly in order for the window to fill in my screen.
    Yep - exact same problem here too. Resigned that I won't be able to rectify this anytime soon and I've been playing it in a window mode without any significant troubles.

Beans

I run my games through my media center computer, which runs Mythbuntu. However, the following may get this to work in Ubuntu running Unity:

1. Install CompizConfig Settings Manager (ccsm), if it's not already installed. You can find it in the Ubuntu Software Center, or install it from the command line by opening a terminal and typing:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager
    2. Open ccsm and go to the area marked "Utility." Make sure "Workarounds" is checked (See the first screenshot below), and then click on the word "Workarounds".

3. In the new menu that opens, make sure that Legacy Fullscreen Support is checked (See the second screenshot below).

4. You may need to reboot, or at least log out and back in to your Unity session, for the change to take effect.

5. Try to set the Fullscreen:0 in the Torchlight config file, as described in earlier posts.

EDIT: I just installed torchlight on my computer running Unity, and I can confirm that this works.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by thatguruguy; September 21st, 2012 at 02:09 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by thatguruguy View Post
    I run my games through my media center computer, which runs Mythbuntu. However, the following may get this to work in Ubuntu running Unity:

1. Install CompizConfig Settings Manager (ccsm), if it's not already installed. You can find it in the Ubuntu Software Center, or install it from the command line by opening a terminal and typing:
    Code:
    2. Open ccsm and go to the area marked "Utility." Make sure "Workarounds" is checked (See the first screenshot below), and then click on the word "Workarounds".

3. In the new menu that opens, make sure that Legacy Fullscreen Support is checked (See the second screenshot below).

4. You may need to reboot, or at least log out and back in to your Unity session, for the change to take effect.

5. Try to set the Fullscreen:0 in the Torchlight config file, as described in earlier posts.

EDIT: I just installed torchlight on my computer running Unity, and I can confirm that this works.
    I can confirm that this works for me; running Ubuntu 12.04 on Unity. Using Gnome Shell also worked for me without this.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by lilkidz View Post
    I can confirm that this works for me; running Ubuntu 12.04 on Unity. Using Gnome Shell also worked for me without this.
    Gnome Shell doesn't use Compiz.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by thatguruguy View Post

Code:

I just registered on the forum to aknowledge that this indeed works. I was facing the same problem described in this thread and tried fiddling around with the local_settings.txt file to no avail (well, at least it allowed me to change the resolution to a correct one because the values in there were silly). I then googled for a solution and found this thread, and yours seems to work like a charm. So kudos to you! Now back to some gaming at last

Beans

I have a question - where is localsettings.txt? I can't find it in ,,home", neither /usr/local/games I am using Nautilus and nothing have happened :/

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Slav3k View Post
    I have a question - where is localsettings.txt? I can't find it in ,,home", neither /usr/local/games I am using Nautilus and nothing have happened :/
    First, make sure you can view hidden files in Nautilus. You can do so by changing the entry under the "View" menu, or by clicking the "Ctrl" and the "H" keys together.

The localsettings.txt file is in the .runicgames/Torchlight folder in your home directory. It won't exist unless you've tried to open the game at least once.

Beans

Hi All,

I can confirm that turning on "Legacy Full screen" support solved my issue
    Thank you

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by peter07 View Post
    I have similar problem:
    xrandr = 1366x768

In localsettings.txt:
    FULLSCREEN :0
    WINDOW_WIDTH :1366
    WINDOW_HEIGHT :768
    RES_WIDTH :1366
    RES_HEIGHT :768

But torchlight is still opened in window.
    Any ideas?
    Adjusting these settings, along with the compizconfig-settings-manager, took care of my problem. When I checked the config file, the WINDOW_WIDTH and WINDOW_HEIGHT did not match the RES_WIDTH and RES_HEIGHT. I synced those up, then enabled the legacy fullscreen work-around and I'm all set. I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 with an nVidia GPU.
    “You tried your best and failed miserably. The lesson is: never try.” --Homer Simpson

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

I got a weird bug here. I have checked the mentioned option in CCSM so Torchlight starts in fullscreen correctly, but when I click fullscreen on its options, the game goes to windowed mode. Unchecking it and rechecking it makes no difference. When I quit and run it again, the game is back at fullscreen mode. While it's in fullscreen, I can still use compiz shortcuts like ctrl+alt+arrow to change workspaces.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast