Thread: Traffic Court Advice Requested

Beans

Traffic Court Advice Requested

So I had an accident a month ago. The official charge is inproper passing. My car insurance paid for the guys repairs. I have traffic court in the morning and have no idea what to expect. I know my chances of convincing anyone that it wasn't my fault are slim to none. I don't feel like wasting my time by going to trial if there really is no way that i'll win. Personally I'd be happy if i could get the fine lowered and not plead guilty. If i just explained to the judge that i don't want to drag this on indefinitely would he be lenient? Also listed on the webpage for ticket fees there is something called a docket for $50. Is that a court fee? Or something else? Why should i pay a court fee if appearance is mandatory and i already got a ticket?
    Whoever came up with the phrase "There is no such thing as a stupid question" obviously never had the internet.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Traffic Court Advice Requested

Appearance is not necessarily mandatory - on a lot of tickets, you can just plead guilty on the ticket itself & mail it in with the fine.

Sometimes just by showing up at court & pleading your case will get you a reduced charge and/or fine. It depends on the judge I guess.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Porcini M. View Post
    Appearance is not necessarily mandatory - on a lot of tickets, you can just plead guilty on the ticket itself & mail it in with the fine.

Sometimes just by showing up at court & pleading your case will get you a reduced charge and/or fine. It depends on the judge I guess.
    well apparently the appearance is mandatory for me and googling the judge gave me
    http://posttrib.suntimes.com/news/la...t-program.html so i don't know how lucky i'll be
    Whoever came up with the phrase "There is no such thing as a stupid question" obviously never had the internet.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by mamamia88 View Post
    well apparently the appearance is mandatory for me and googling the judge gave me
    http://posttrib.suntimes.com/news/la...t-program.html so i don't know how lucky i'll be

Just be polite & respectful, and hope for the best.

Beans

This is not the place to get Legal advise, you should talk to the Court or a suitably qualified person.

Thread closed
    This account is not active.