Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Welll.... Google/Motorolla hasasked ITC to ban pretty much everything Apple

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Welll.... Google/Motorolla has asked ITC to ban pretty much everything Apple

for real

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2012/09...d-most-iphones

You know I have to say, with how Apple has been pushing Steve Jobs term of going thermonuclear on Android... and Google doing nothing about it until now......

Though I hate patent wars......... With how sue happy they are, I'd love to see Apple blasted to literal hell on this one!
    Last edited by Primefalcon; September 19th, 2012 at 08:11 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Welll.... Google/Motorolla hasasked ITC to ban pretty much everything Apple

Quote Originally Posted by Primefalcon View Post
    for real

arstechnica.com/apple/2012/09/motorola-asks-itc-to-ban-every-mac-ipad-and-most-iphones

You know I have to say, with how Apple has been pushing Steve Jobs term of going thermonuclear on Android... and Google doing nothing about it until now......

Though I hate patent wars......... With how sue happy they are, I'd love to see Apple blasted to literal hell on this one!
    Well at least this has the potential to be fair and not politically motivated, as Google and Motorola are both American companies...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Apple = banned.

Nothing of value would be lost.

Beans

I disagree with the Apple sue everyone. I disagree with the Google action as well.

They all need to stop this rubbish and get on with providing good technology by putting the litigation budget into R&D.

If Apple, Samsung, Google,HTC are banned there is a big loss to the consumer.
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    I disagree with the Apple sue everyone. I disagree with the Google action as well.

They all need to stop this rubbish and get on with providing good technology by putting the litigation budget into R&D.

Thing is unless Apple are slapped down hard like this.... they're going to keep doing it, and doing it, until they're the only ones allowed to sell hardware.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Primefalcon View Post
    Thing is unless Apple are slapped down hard like this.... they're going to keep doing it, and doing it, until they're the only ones allowed to sell hardware.
    Hmm, I agree with both of you. But for me, it's not going to get better if Google just sit around and hope for the best. They are going to have to do something, and I guess this is a start.

Such a load of silliness though isn't it?
    Intel Core i3-8100, 16GB Corsair DDR4 2400 RAM, 240GB Crucial SSD+1TB HDD, Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti

Beans

Tit for tat will keep on going and going and going.......

All these companies need to be declared vexatious litigants and this child like behaviour stopped.
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I don't like it either, nor does anyone else with common sense (read everyone except Apple's iSheep and lawyers). However, I believe this is a necessary evil on behalf of Google in order to teach Tim Cook and Apple a lesson.

It's the same concept in real life: a bully will only stop bullying once someone fights back, wins and causes humiliation. If Apple loses to Motorola and Google, they'll eventually stop suing others.

I just hope that Google encourages a rethinking in the patent system, because this is getting ridiculous.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I don't blame Apple, Google, or any of these corps. Blame the game, not the players.

If the patent office didn't award patents for unoriginal or vague things, there wouldn't be a problem. If the courts didn't uphold ridiculous patents, there wouldn't be a problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

The problem in reality is the patent system, as always if something is abusable someone will abuse it.... as shown by all the patent trolls (apple included in this)...

What really needs to happen is the patent system killed or at least reformed... as it stands.... its a broken mess....

But barring patent reform.... Google did need to get involved on this... Apples been going after Android vendors one after another

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast