Thread: Downgrade to 11.04?

Beans

Post Downgrade to 11.04?

Hi Guys,
    I have recently upgraded to Ubuntu 12.04 and there are just a few things i didn't like about it.

Is there a way to revert back to Ubuntu 11.04 without a live disc?

PaulW2U is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Downgrade to 11.04?

Quote Originally Posted by jllipke View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I have recently upgraded to Ubuntu 12.04 and there are just a few things i didn't like about it.

Is there a way to revert back to Ubuntu 11.04 without a live disc?
    Ubuntu 11.04 will be unsupported from 28th October so it's not worth considering going back to it now.

It would be best to get Ubuntu 12.04 working the way you like it. What don't you like about 12.04?

Beans

I liked how if you opened something like Mozilla Firefox ( Something that takes the whole screen ) the window would go on top of the launcher in 11.04. I know if i used something like unity, I could have it hidden until I put my mouse over it or I could have it hidden totally.

Is there any other editing tool I could use so the launcher is only open when I'm on my desktop?

Beans

Do you even like unity in general? Or is that feature just bothering you?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by linuxvstheworld View Post
    Do you even like unity in general? Or is that feature just bothering you?
    I really enjoy this software. If I didn't, I would have looked for an alternative by now.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

I liked how if you opened something like Mozilla Firefox ( Something that takes the whole screen ) the window would go on top of the launcher in 11.04. I know if i used something like unity, I could have it hidden until I put my mouse over it or I could have it hidden totally.

Is there any other editing tool I could use so the launcher is only open when I'm on my desktop?
    I think you're talking about autohiding the launcher. If so, click on the cogwheel icon at top right -> System Settings -> Appearance -> Behaviour tab. Switch "Auto-hide the launcher" to on.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

I really enjoy this software. If I didn't, I would have looked for an alternative by now.
    I meant the desktop environment, you know you can change it if you don't like the unity environment.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    I think you're talking about autohiding the launcher. If so, click on the cogwheel icon at top right -> System Settings -> Appearance -> Behaviour tab. Switch "Auto-hide the launcher" to on.
    You know what, that will do. Thanks guys