Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Humble indie bundle 6

Beans

Re: Humble indie bundle 6

The update failed for me as well. So I uninstalled, reboot, and now cannot install Torchlight. I get the error code:

Code:
    Unpacking torchlight (from .../torchlight_1.0+2012+09+26-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb) ...
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/torchlight_1.0+2012+09+26-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb (--unpack):
     trying to overwrite '/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/torchlight.png', which is also in package torchlight-bin:i386 1.0+2012+09+18a-0ubuntu1
    dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe)
    Processing triggers for hicolor-icon-theme ...
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     /var/cache/apt/archives/torchlight_1.0+2012+09+26-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb
    Error in function: 
    SystemError: E:Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    And since I'm addicted to this game, there are some major withdraw issues too.

Any ideas on how to get Torchlight back? Or should I wait for a fix? Thanks!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by ctmcgrew View Post
    The update failed for me as well. So I uninstalled, reboot, and now cannot install Torchlight. I get the error code:

Code:
    Unpacking torchlight (from .../torchlight_1.0+2012+09+26-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb) ...
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/torchlight_1.0+2012+09+26-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb (--unpack):
     trying to overwrite '/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/torchlight.png', which is also in package torchlight-bin:i386 1.0+2012+09+18a-0ubuntu1
    dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe)
    Processing triggers for hicolor-icon-theme ...
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     /var/cache/apt/archives/torchlight_1.0+2012+09+26-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb
    Error in function: 
    SystemError: E:Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    And since I'm addicted to this game, there are some major withdraw issues too.

Any ideas on how to get Torchlight back? Or should I wait for a fix? Thanks!
    Try this:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get purge torchlight-bin
    sudo apt-get autoremove
    sudo apt-get autoclean
    sudo apt-get install torchlight-bin
    That should clean up any left-over configuration for torchlight, giving you a clean slate to install it on. Your save files will not be affected.

Beans

Thanks Carborundum. That did the trick.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Carborundum View Post
    Try this:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get purge torchlight-bin
    sudo apt-get autoremove
    sudo apt-get autoclean
    sudo apt-get install torchlight-bin
    That should clean up any left-over configuration for torchlight, giving you a clean slate to install it on. Your save files will not be affected.
    I have the same error when I try to update (via Update Manager) When I tried the purge command in terminal I get the same error also.

~Sonya

Beans

didn't work for me, had the same error on "*purge".
    Code:
    sudo apt-get remove torchlight && sudo apt-get autoremove  && sudo apt-get autoclean && sudo apt-get install  torchlight
    worked for me.

However save ur savefiles!

Markus

Beans

FWIW, although they still haven't (as of October 3, 2012) ported Vessel to Linux yet, the Windows version seems to work pretty well so far on my system, using Wine.
    If you are asking about a problem with your system, make sure to give details about your setup. OTHERWISE, NO ONE CAN HELP YOU.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Those of you who have had trouble updating, as stated above, you actually need to remove the package torchlight-bin, as that is the package causing the problems. I'm not sure if you actually need to remove the package torchlight also, but removing the two of them shouldn't harm anything.
    It's always a good idea to "man" a command before you run it. I may not know what I'm doing, but I'm pretty sure my computer does.

Beans

I apologise to everyone, I should have mentioned that if you want to install something from the software center, it's best to try to fully remove any previous versions of the program from your system beforehand. Think of Software Installations and script installations as two different streams - be wary of crossing them.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by Sofox View Post
    I apologise to everyone, I should have mentioned that if you want to install something from the software center, it's best to try to fully remove any previous versions of the program from your system beforehand. Think of Software Installations and script installations as two different streams - be wary of crossing them.
    Not your fault; the update failed even if you had previously only installed Torchlight from the Software Center. Whoever did the packaging borked something.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

I wonder when 'vessel' (which was part of the bundle) is going to be ported to linux?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast