Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Humble indie bundle 6

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Humble indie bundle 6

Quote Originally Posted by Simeo View Post
    I'm currently trying to play Torchlight and it keeps crashing when attempting to enter a portal to the glyph room after getting the first glyph.

The people on this forum ( http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=35810 ) say installing 'libtxc_dxtn' fixes everything but I can't figure out how to install that.

I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit with ATI.
    In Ubuntu, the package name is libtxc-dxtn-s2tc0.
    Asus K55A (Core i5-3210M @ 2.5GHz/8GB RAM/120GB SSD/Intel HD 4000) with Ubuntu 12.10 Beta 2
    Compaq Presario C700 (Pentium Dual-Core @ 1.6GHz/2.5GB RAM/500GB HDD/Intel GM965) with Arch Linux and Linux Mint Debian Edition

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I'm currently trying to play Torchlight and it keeps crashing when attempting to enter a portal to the glyph room after getting the first glyph.

The people on this forum ( http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=35810 ) say installing 'libtxc_dxtn' fixes everything but I can't figure out how to install that.

I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit with ATI.
    Download the latest version of Torchlight from HB. The 2012-09-24 version doesn't have the portal crash problem. It still crashes occasionally but the game makes a backup at every map transition (portals, stairs, etc.) and choosing the "continue" button when you restart the game should load it.

Beans

Remember, if you activate the game through the Ubuntu Software Centre, you'll never have to worry about manually updating the game, it'll do so automatically (can lead to downloading big files in the software update though...)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Sofox View Post
    Remember, if you activate the game through the Ubuntu Software Centre, you'll never have to worry about manually updating the game, it'll do so automatically (can lead to downloading big files in the software update though...)
    I may do this. Torchlight is still a bit buggy. Crashing when going through portals and stairs with the latest release. Interesting tid bit though, not sure if this will help anyone... it kept crashing for me when I was at half health and trying to go to the next stage. I healed myself completely and then went through. Loaded with no issue after that. Weird.
    We have no Great War, no Great Depression. Our Great War is a Spiritual War. Our Great Depression is our lives. - Tyler Durden

Beans

Ok got the package from above. I needed to add the xorg ppa but it worked after that!

Quote Originally Posted by Sofox View Post
    Alright so...... this morning I received a notice for an update and the update fails. I receive this:

Code:
    installArchives() failed: (Reading database ...  (Reading database ... 5%% (Reading database ... 10%% (Reading database ... 15%% (Reading database ... 20%% (Reading database ... 25%% (Reading database ... 30%% (Reading database ... 35%% (Reading database ... 40%% (Reading database ... 45%% (Reading database ... 50%% (Reading database ... 55%% (Reading database ... 60%% (Reading database ... 65%% (Reading database ... 70%% (Reading database ... 75%% (Reading database ... 80%% (Reading database ... 85%% (Reading database ... 90%% (Reading database ... 95%% (Reading database ... 100%% (Reading database ... 296929 files and directories currently installed.) 
    Preparing to replace torchlight 1.0+2012+09+18a-0ubuntu1 (using .../torchlight_1.0+2012+09+26-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb) ... 
    Unpacking replacement torchlight ... 
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/torchlight_1.0+2012+09+26-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb (--unpack): 
     trying to overwrite '/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/torchlight.png', which is also in package torchlight-bin:i386 1.0+2012+09+18a-0ubuntu1 
    No apport report written because MaxReports is reached already
    dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe) 
    Processing triggers for hicolor-icon-theme ... 
    Errors were encountered while processing: 
     /var/cache/apt/archives/torchlight_1.0+2012+09+26-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb 
    Error in function:
    64-Bit Ubuntu 12.04 (NEVER buy an HP laptop)

Beans
    Hidden!

I just got the same message that Simeo got. I assume a fix would be to uninstall the game, and then reinstall, but I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Does anyone have any idea? Should we file a bug report?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by chichilalescu View Post
    I just got the same message that Simeo got. I assume a fix would be to uninstall the game, and then reinstall, but I'd like to avoid that if possible.
    I have the same problem!

Beans

FWIW, removing the game from your system won't delete your settings and saved games. Moreover, it will take the same amount of time to download the package new as it does to download the update. As such, you may safely remove the game and reinstall it.
    If you are asking about a problem with your system, make sure to give details about your setup. OTHERWISE, NO ONE CAN HELP YOU.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by thatguruguy View Post
    FWIW, removing the game from your system won't delete your settings and saved games. Moreover, it will take the same amount of time to download the package new as it does to download the update. As such, you may safely remove the game and reinstall it.
    Done. I removed and reinstalled. Game seems to have saved. Not sure what this update did though... I still don't have a face -_-

Edit: I have music.
    Last edited by Simeo; October 2nd, 2012 at 08:08 PM.
    64-Bit Ubuntu 12.04 (NEVER buy an HP laptop)

Beans

Done. I removed and reinstalled. Game seems to have saved. Not sure what this update did though... I still don't have a face -_-

Edit: I have music.
    Agree that the missing faces issue still hasn't been fixed. I think this update was targeting some of the other stability issues.
    If you are asking about a problem with your system, make sure to give details about your setup. OTHERWISE, NO ONE CAN HELP YOU.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast