View Poll Results: How many hours do you sleep?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • None!

0 0%
  • 2-5

15 19.74%
  • 5-8

45 59.21%
  • 8-12

11 14.47%
  • I'm a bear, I sleep for 20 hours a day.

5 6.58%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleep

Beans

Question Sleep

How much sleep you all of us get? I usually get around 4-5 (doesn't bother me), but I will sleep for 12 on weekends.

Beans

Re: Sleep

Depends if i can pull myself away from the computer and how eager i am to start the day. I mostly work afternoons/nights so i can go to bed late/sleep in. I'm happy with 8 hours would love 10 and can get by on 5
    Whoever came up with the phrase "There is no such thing as a stupid question" obviously never had the internet.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I have insomnia, so my sleeping hours are erratic. Sometimes i get 8 hours, most times i get half that.

Beans

I try to sleep much as possible

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

I sleep like a bear during the late fall and winter seasons. I've become a night owl now and I hate it because I am most productive during the mornings or early afternoons. I have been slacking on completing my graduate application to my university for the past two weeks because my sleep cycle is all messed up. I am trying to reset my internal clock so that I can wake up early in the morning and get on with my daily routine and schedule again.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I get around 6 per night during the week.
    And just like you during weekends, I can sleep 12.
    Actually I can sleep until something wakes me up. If nothing happened around me in a silent room, I'd probably sleep 18 hours.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Normally I try to get 7-8. At the moment that's being broken a few times a night by having a short person shout at me.

I remember reading an article on workplace safety from the US Navy (evaluating safety on the flight deck of aircraft carriers) and their guidance was that nobody doing safety critical work should be getting less than a solid 5-hour block, even during high-tempo operations. I believe that varies with individuals, the real key to how rested you'll be is if you can get through some complete REM cycles, and how long that takes varies from person to person.

I also read recently that scientists now think that you can't bank or catch up on sleep. If you have a late night you should still just go to bed at your normal time the next day.

Beans

Depending on how I feel that day, around 6-8. I shoot for 6.5, but I have problems sleeping, so sometimes its more, sometimes its less.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I get between 5.5-6 hours of sleep per night. 1130-12 Midnight to 530 in the morning for me. Been sleeping like that for so long I have gotten used to it to the point where I dont need alarms in the morning. Can never seem to sleep in past 7 tho.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

I sleep 7-8 hours a day, and I usually sleep a 1 hour siesta after lunch, whenever I can.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast