I am brand new to the world of linux/ubuntu but very excited with what ive seen/read so far.
I have a couple of newbie questions to help get me started, there is buckets of info out there and its fairly easy to get lost quickly and easily.
Ideally what id love to achieve is:
1) host server on a HP Proliant DL360G5
2) a couple of VM's sitting on top of this.
3) the ability to be able to add/delete/move VM's easily.( in the same way Hyper-v does it)
So my questions:
1) is it best practice to install Ubuntu server onto the bare metal or should i first install KVM? (or even Xen)?
2) is there a VMM (GUI) that I can use for virtualization? something along the same lines as Hyper-v or ESX?
I understand that there are arguments for not having a GUI on Ubuntu server but as I said im real new and the idea of a CLI is a big turn off.
Sorry if these questions are stupid but id really appreciate some help just visualizing the whole setup in my head before getting down to the nitty gritty
Thanks in advance
Re: Basic basics!
Tags for this Thread