Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DVB-T not lip-sync

Beans

Re: DVB-T not lip-sync

I am busy with Xine.

I have found the following site:
    http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Xine
    I also have w_scan and dvb-apps and xine installed.
    I don know why but xine has no menu.

from the link above I executed in two steps:

mkdir -p ~/.xine
    scan /path_to/initial_tuning_file >~/.xine/channels.conf

However as you can see below the second step failed.

How can I solve this problem?

tony@xp:~$ sudo scan /path_to/initial_tuning_file >~/.xine/channels.conf
    scanning /path_to/initial_tuning_file
    using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
    main:2284: FATAL: failed to open '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0': 16 Device or resource busy

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Code:
    main:2284: FATAL: failed to open '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0': 16 Device or resource busy
    Can't remember exactly how to fix, change or check this so bear with me. You're possibly using /adapter1/frontend0 instead of /adapter0/frontend0. If you unplug and plug back in then check dmesg think will let you know what adapter it's picked up as. Could be wrong ...

I also don't remember how to do this but you sound like you're in the right place to find out; pretty sure you can add the relevant adapter details to your channel.conf code:

Code:
    scan /path_to/initial_tuning_file >~/.xine/channels.conf
    Incidentally, if you have xine already install there is no need to mkdir; .xine should already be there in /home/user. To see hidden files/folders (which is what the . before the folder name signifies) hit control+h.

Secondly, make sure xine and all other apps that might be using the device are closed before attempting to scan and generate a channels.conf so you know the device isn't busy ...

PS: Way to go with the learning curve on the DVB-T! I went through the same thing a couple of months ago; wish I was anywhere near that box so I could help you more. Making the channel.conf was the trickiest but sounds like you're almost there. Also, did you try the search for 'channels.conf your_location', whatever your location is? One might exist. That way you can just drop a copy in the /.xine folder, and any other apps /. folder that needs one, and launch xine.

PPS: You would think MeTV would create a channels.conf during auto-scan but it doesn't appear to, at least I couldn't find one, and it's seems to be set-up differently to the others .
    Last edited by Bucky Ball; September 20th, 2012 at 05:20 PM.

Beans

Do I need the Xine dvb input plugin in my case?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Don't know, sorry. Don't remember it. I'll be at that machine tomorrow night (in about thirty hours) so remind me then. I'll be able to check whatever you need.

Beans

reminder for Bucky Ball:

Do I need the Xine dvb input plugin to solve the following problem?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Ha, sorry. ;( Home postponed for a day. Back in another twenty or so hours ...

Looking at this page doesn't give any clues:

http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Xine

Your dongle seems to be working fine though so don't think that's the problem.

Beans

Thank you Bucky Ball,

I will ignore input plugin for now.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Yea, think that is part of something else, possibly dvb-apps. Home now so find attached a screenshot of Synaptics showing the results of a quick search for 'dvb t' and what I have installed in Xubuntu 12.04. Makes no difference; you should have the same in Ubuntu (maybe a few extras).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bucky Ball; September 27th, 2012 at 03:34 PM.

Beans

I don't know why, but I just managed to get it right in Kaffeine (sound and vision synchronous) .
    Maybe it worked now because I deleted the configuration files of Kaffeine.(~/.kde/share/apps/kaffeine)

many thanks for your help!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12