Thread: Unity task switching is buggy

Beans

Question Unity task switching is buggy

Hi,

Unity task switcher is not showing minimized windows and Firefox "download" window too, when pressing Alt + Tab.

Does anybody know some plugins or addons which provide classic approach to the task switching in Unity? Static visible panel or combo box?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Unity task switching is buggy

Have you recognized the points next to the Firefox icon - when pressing alt+tab? If you hold it right on a program that has 2 windows open it will epxand and show the windows.
    Ever fiddled with CCSM? It is dangerous because you can change literally everything.
    Take a look at this post and see if it works.
    I did not have any problems like you - was just my first thought.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Are the windows in question on the active workspace? The default behavior of Alt+Tab in 12.04 is to only include the windows on the active workspace.
    Jane, stop this crazy thing!

Beans

Question Re: Unity task switching is buggy

Can I get with CCSM, some kind of simple drop-down list with all the windows, including child windows?

Beans

See this

http://www.howtogeek.com/113330/how-...-need-to-know/

If you Alt-Tab and pause with the Firefox icon selected, you’ll be able to switch between the open Firefox windows. You can also skip to this screen with the Alt-` keyboard shortcut. (The ` is the key above the Tab key.)
    Intel C2D E7200 || Intel DG33FB mobo || 4 GB RAM || 64 bit Lucid/ Precise Desktops || WD Caviar Black 1TB, Green 2TB; Corsair Force 3 60GB
    Dell U2412M || Palit Sonic GT 240 (OC'd NVidia card) || Logitech Quickcam Connect || Acer 3300U Scanner

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by shreepads View Post
    Nice guide, thanks.

Actually I was looking for something like this:

Beans

It's Alt+` now, just like a Mac.

Beans

Anyone?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

You're using a thread titled "Unity task switching is buggy." However, from your posts, it seems that it's working exactly the way it's supposed to. What you really want is different behavior.

My suggestion is that you mark this thread as Solved, go to the Desktop Environments forum, and start a thread with a title describing what you want.
    Jane, stop this crazy thing!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by newb85 View Post
    You're using a thread titled "Unity task switching is buggy." However, from your posts, it seems that it's working exactly the way it's supposed to. What you really want is different behavior.

My suggestion is that you mark this thread as Solved, go to the Desktop Environments forum, and start a thread with a title describing what you want.
    You're right. My bad.