Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No pulldown arrows?

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

No pulldown arrows?

Hello everyone! Just something i noticed: under Windows Explorer i see these arrows next to Search, Quick Links. But under Firefox i don't see them. Why is that? screenshot FF: http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/4...0110092012.png

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: No pulldown arrows??

Just reproduced the symptom here, that is I made the down arrows disappear, by blocking scripting, in particular I blocked yahooapis.com.

If you are using script blocking or ad blocking allow yahooapis.com for the site and you should get them back. Cheers, coldcritter64.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by coldcritter64 View Post
    Just reproduced the symptom here, that is I made the down arrows disappear, by blocking scripting, in particular I blocked yahooapis.com.

If you are using script blocking or ad blocking allow yahooapis.com for the site and you should get them back. Cheers, coldcritter64.
    I'm not using any kind of script blocking under FF. The only thing i use is Adblock Plus. But i don't think that is causing the issue here, right?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

I can see them fine here, and I'm using a truckload of blocking-related addons. OP, you can try Shirt+F5-ing the page to clear the cache.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by GeForce 9500GT View Post
    I'm not using any kind of script blocking under FF. The only thing i use is Adblock Plus. But i don't think that is causing the issue here, right?
    Check all your adblock settings. I vaguely remember someone else here a long while back using it having trouble with the yahooapis scripting on this site. IIRC Adblock also uses script blocking as part of the blocking of ads. Hopefully someone using adblock can point you to the right settings for it to use here.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by coldcritter64 View Post
    Check all your adblock settings. I vaguely remember someone else here a long while back using it having trouble with the yahooapis scripting on this site. IIRC Adblock also uses script blocking as part of the blocking of ads. Hopefully someone using adblock can point you to the right settings for it to use here.
    Tried everything, nothing helped. I kinda was hoping you could remember that topic.... Well, i'll search for it too.

Beans
    Distro

Just did a fresh install of Lubuntu 12.04. Installed Firefox 15.0.1 and get the same.... no pulldown menu's. Whats going on?

Beans
    Distro

*bump*

Beans

I'll just make the probably unhelpful comment that I'm not seeing any issues here. I have Adblock Plus and NoScript installed; if I block scripts from either yahooapis or ubuntuforums.org in NoScript, then the drop-down menus don't work.
    AMD Athlon II x4 640 - ASUS M4A88T-V EVO/USB3 - 12GB RAM - XFX ATI Radeon HD 5670 1GB w/21.5" Monitor - Assorted HDDs - Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 120Gb SSD - [ArchLinux - Windows 7 - Mac OS X 10.6.8]
    If all else fails, read the instructions.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Try running firefox from a terminal in safe mode - do you get the arrows then?

Code:
    firefox -safe-mode

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast