Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: No pulldown arrows?

Beans

Re: No pulldown arrows?

Quote Originally Posted by GeForce 9500GT View Post
    I'll try that too. Just installed Xubuntu and guess what..... same issue with the pulldown menu's. I don't think it's a Lubuntu or Xubuntu issue, i start to believe now it's a Firefox 15.x issue.... Isn't this weird or what???
    How could it be a firefox issue when you stated here that you don't have the pulldown menus in Chromium, either?

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by thatguruguy View Post
    How could it be a firefox issue when you stated here that you don't have the pulldown menus in Chromium, either?
    Yes, you're right about that. But now it's a Firefox/Chrome/Midori issue then... 3 web browsers showing the same problem, no pulldown menu....
    Last edited by GeForce 9500GT; September 18th, 2012 at 05:30 PM.

Beans
    Distro

The situation now:

Lubuntu (64-bit):
    Firefox => no pulldown menu's
    Chrome => no pulldown menu's

Xubuntu (64-bit)
    Firefox => no pulldown menu's
    Chrome => no pulldown menu's
    Midori => no pulldown menu's

**edit**
    ** 18 sep 2012 @ 18:29 **
    Just installed Ubuntu 12.04.1 64bit and guess what....... Yep..... no pulldown menu's.
    Am i the only one suffering from this????

***edit***
    ** 18 sep 2012 @ 18:56 **
    Keep Ubuntu 12.04 for now but with the Cinnamon desktop environment since this desktop environment suits my needs the best even i ditched Lubuntu for some curious drawbacks.
    Last edited by GeForce 9500GT; September 19th, 2012 at 02:05 PM.

Beans

Are scripts working on other sites? (Newegg.com has a lot of scripts, to name one) How about other vBulletin forums? (if you happen to be registered with one)
    AMD Athlon II x4 640 - ASUS M4A88T-V EVO/USB3 - 12GB RAM - XFX ATI Radeon HD 5670 1GB w/21.5" Monitor - Assorted HDDs - Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 120Gb SSD - [ArchLinux - Windows 7 - Mac OS X 10.6.8]
    If all else fails, read the instructions.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by catlover2 View Post
    Are scripts working on other sites? (Newegg.com has a lot of scripts, to name one) How about other vBulletin forums? (if you happen to be registered with one)
    I'll try neweg.com. But it's really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really strange that this forum shows no pulldown menu on at least 3 operating systems and 3 different webbrowsers.

Hmmm......Just a wild thought....2 of the 3 operating systems are Ubuntu-based (Xubuntu/Lubuntu) and 1 is the original Ubuntu 12.04.1 version....Has it something to do with (U/X/L)buntu itself?????

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

The only issue I have ever had with the forum was when it started using the yahooapi thing and I had it blacklisted.

I've used it in kubuntu/ubuntu/xubuntu and lubuntu, I've used it in respins.

I don't think it's the forum - I think it is something going on where you are.

But I'm an electrician ...

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    The only issue I have ever had with the forum was when it started using the yahooapi thing and I had it blacklisted.
    Like in this link? How do i add these rules in Adblock Plus btw??

I don't think it's the forum
    I'm pretty sure about that too. Thats the reason of my thought.

I think it is something going on where you are.
    Probably yes. But what?

But I'm an electrician ...
    I'm a Piping Engineer and there's nothing strange to be found in my pipeline
    I just have a weird challenge for you guys.

Beans

Hmmm......Just a wild thought....2 of the 3 operating systems are Ubuntu-based (Xubuntu/Lubuntu) and 1 is the original Ubuntu 12.04.1 version....Has it something to do with (U/X/L)buntu itself?????
    Why?
    No one else who has read this thread has the same problem (unless they deliberately block certain scripts from running). I'm assuming they've checked, as I have, while running some flavor of Ubuntu.

(I don't have a problem with Xfce 4.10 on Ubuntu 12.04 or with after installing lubuntu desktop since that was what you were using initially. BTW, I'm quite liking it.)
    Last edited by vasa1; September 19th, 2012 at 03:08 PM. Reason: grammar

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by vasa1 View Post
    Why?
    No one else who has read this thread has the same problem (unless they deliberately block certain scripts from running). I'm assuming they've checked, as I have, while running some flavor of Ubuntu.
    Like i said, it's a wild thought of me. And like i said over and over again, after every fresh/new/clean install of (U/Xu/Lu)buntu not installing any add-on in Firefox i encounter the same problem with Google Chrome/Chromium and Midori, Netsurf, Empathy browser as with Firefox: no pulldown menu's.

So, basically, I am more convinced now that it has nothing to do with the browser or Adblock or Noscript or any Flash or Java blocking script. Even if hundreds of people here telling me that they haven't this problem.

Believe me when i'm telling you that i fully understand your message. But it's getting a bit weird now. Maybe i'll try Linux Mint, see if that does make any difference.

Just one thing: can it be my ISP blocking stuff???

Beans

... Maybe i'll try Linux Mint, see if that does make any difference.

Just one thing: can it be my ISP blocking stuff???
    I think trying Mint is a fantastic idea. We read about how Mint has solved so many problems for so many people.

Wouldn't Ubuntu and Windows have the same ISP? In your first post you mentioned not having problems with "Windows Explorer".

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast