Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why are hard drive upgrades so expensive?

Beans

Re: Why are hard drive upgrades so expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by Welly Wu View Post
    Do you need the Crucial M4 256 GB SATA-III SSD?

I have a Crucial M4 128 GB SATA-III SSD and it works fine for me. You can save quite a bit of money by choosing this option as an alternative.

System76 is a niche Ubuntu GNU/Linux computer reseller. Their prices are competitive to a few other PC manufacturers like HP and Dell and ASUS, but you get the freedom to use Ubuntu. I think that their prices are reasonable and fair.

By the way, get the Crucial M4 SSD as it is a better value than the Intel SSDs. Get the Intel 520 SSDs if you need the extra speed and performance along with reliability of Intel products.

My Crucial M4 128 GB SATA-III SSD is insanely fast. I really do mean that it is wicked fast. You won't be disappointed.
    Agreed. I use Crucial M4 128 GB, but also have a NAS for most everything else. I find it safer and easier to keep things on my home network. The speed of crucial M4 is hard to to beat.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: Why are hard drive upgrades so expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by Welly Wu View Post
    By the way, get the Crucial M4 SSD as it is a better value than the Intel SSDs. Get the Intel 520 SSDs if you need the extra speed and performance along with reliability of Intel products.
    I wish I could compare my Intel 60 GB SSD with the Crucial SSDs. But, I have heard that Intel is best in the business for reliability (which is one reason I opted for the SSD).
    Backups are amazing. 99% of data loss can be prevented by spending less than $100 on an external drive.
    If you have seen an error, there is a good chance someone else has, too. Google is your friend.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12